Saturday, March 23, 2024

Spring Garden Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today and I’m excited to share a card featuring the Spring Garden Dies paired with elements of the Wonderful Windows Dies to create a gardening bench!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Garden Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Wonderful Windows, Dotted Diamond Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Notebook Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

This is an A2 card and I started with the background panel on the card front. I cut a piece of white cardstock 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", inked it with Lilac and Orchid Simon Says Stamp inks and die-cut it with the Dotted Diamond Portrait Die. I then die-cut the piece again with the largest Stitched Rectangle Die and adhered it to a white card front.

For the lattice, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the notebook paper die from the Notebook Photo Corners Dies and then die-cut the center of it using the smallest Stitched Rectangle Die. This created a frame for the lattice. (You could also just cut a piece of white cardstock 3” x 4 1/8” in place of the notebook paper die, but I liked the slightly rounded corners that this die produces.) Next, I cut a piece of white cardstock 3” x 4 1/8” and die-cut it using the Frilly Frames Lattice Die. I then adhered the frame over the lattice and adhered the combined piece to the card front 1/4" from the top of the lilac background panel. I was able to line the lattice up with the lines of the Dotted Diamond Portrait Die background, but you could also back the lattice with an inked piece of cardstock before adhering it to the card front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Garden Die Focused Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Wonderful Windows, Dotted Diamond Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Notebook Dies, Brilliant Banner Dies)

For the drawer portion of the bench, I die-cut a shutter twice from white cardstock using a Wonderful Windows Dies, layered them together and adhered them slightly overlapping the bottom of the lattice using foam dimensional tape. I die-cut drawer pulls from silver cardstock using dies also found in the Wonderful Windows Dies. I used a combination of inking and Copic coloring on the Spring Garden Dies. I just love the details of these dies and the cute little gardening tools!

To finish, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the Brilliant Banner 1 Die, embossed a sentiment from the Watering Can Stamps with white embossing powder and inked it with Memento Lulu Lavender ink.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Frilly Frames Lattice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Watering Can Stamps
Watering Can Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonderful Windows Dies
Wonderful Windows Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Brilliant Banner 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Dotted Diamond Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Garden Dies
Spring Garden Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment