Thursday, March 7, 2024

Wicker Basket Die Focused Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, I'm so happy to be back on the blog with this 3D spring card showcasing some yummy strawberries from Berry Bliss and the beautiful Wicker Basket. When I first saw this new die, I knew I'd pair it with flowers or fruits, and my pick was strawberries because they always remind me of my grandfather's garden during spring and summer.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wicker Basket & Berry Bliss Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Spring Greenery Dies, Picket Fence Dies)

I started off by building my 3D card base. I cut the main pieces out of kraft cardstock, the grass insert pieces out of green cardstock, and the decorative pieces out of a Spring Fever pattern paper. I assembled everything, and then moved on to stamping the strawberries from Berry Bliss.

I used Lawn Fawn premium dye inks: Ballet Slippers for the 1st layer, Peachy Keen for the 2nd, and Guava for the 3rd one. And for the stems I used Altenew crisp dye inks: Frayed Burlap for the 1st layer, and Forest Glades for the 2nd one. Next I used my heat gun to dry the inks and make sure the layers stay crisp and detailed, and then I used the coordinating die to cut all my strawberries.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wicker Basket & Berry Bliss Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Spring Greenery Dies, Picket Fence Dies)

Next I did some die cutting, and first cut a Picket Fence out of white woodgrain cardstock. I cut the basket from Wicker Basket out of kraft cardstock, added some vintage photo oxide inks and texture to make it less flat. I also cut the flowers and the bow from the same die set. I also cut several Spring Greenery leaves that I colored using shabby shutters and mowed lawn oxide inks, added texture, and cut more greenery out of green cardstock.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wicker Basket & Berry Bliss Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Spring Greenery Dies, Picket Fence Dies)

I attached four strawberries inside the Wicker Basket, put the bow on the handle, added lots of greenery and flowers, and then attached everything inside the card using 3mm glue dots. For my greeting, I embossed "Spring" from Big Bunny in gold on white cardstock and trimmed it into a slim banner, and I embossed "Greetings" from the same set in white on aqua cardstock, cut it using the matching die, and then attached both pieces on the front of my card using 1mm foam squares. 

And that's it! I hope you like this early taste of spring! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Berry Bliss Stamps
Berry Bliss Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Berry Bliss Dies
Berry Bliss Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Greenery Dies
Spring Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bunny Stamps
Big Bunny Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wicker Basket Dies
Wicker Basket Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment