Friday, March 22, 2024

Mini Grass Border Die Focused Card with Nicky

Hello this is Nicky with you today on the Sunny Studio blog and I have a new Easter card for you that features the Mini Grass Border Die.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mini Grass Border Die Focused Easter Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Chickie Baby, Fancy Frame Dies)

This is a 5 1/2 inch square card and I started by creating a pink panel in that size and glueing it to my card base. I then created a smaller white panel which I masked and ink blended in pink to create the sky and I stamped the bold sentiment from Chickie Baby. I removed the mask, die cut the Fancy Frames Square Dies, backed it with foam tape and applied. This whole decorative panel was backed with white craft foam and applied to the main panel.

Using the Mini Grass Border Die I created two little 'hills' and I ink blended these in green and I glued the larger one directly within the frame and with the smaller second one I added ScorPal tape around the left, bottom and right hand side and applied within the frame.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mini Grass Border Die Focused Easter Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Chickie Baby, Fancy Frame Dies)

I used Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa to stamp the Chickie Baby images and I coloured with the following Copic marker combinations:

Chickies - YR00, E51, E50, YR07
Blushes - R22, R20, R00
Basket - E44, E31, E41
Mint - BG11, G000, G0000
Pink - V01, RV00, RV000
White - C1, C00
Shading - W2, W0

Sunny Studio Stamps: Mini Grass Border Die Focused Easter Card by Nicky Meeks (featuring Chickie Baby, Fancy Frame Dies)

Images were die cut using the Chickie Baby Dies and applied to the scene with foam tape and I tucked the wicker basket slightly behind the slower grass slope which is why I left it unglued at the top edge. I completed the card with the simple addition of some white highlights and daisy dots in the grass using a white gel pen.

Wishing you a Happy Easter!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Dies
Chickie Baby Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Grass Border Dies
Mini Grass Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my GOSH, Nicky!!! This is SO stinkin' cute!!! It's adorable!!!!!!!!!! Love the colors and the adorable critters.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete