Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Beautiful Bluebells Card with Tina

Hello crafters, it’s Tina and today I am back on the blog with a gorgeous layering stamp set called Beautiful Bluebells and it’s coordinating dies.   

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beautiful Bluebells Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Layered Basket, Window Quad Dies)

With these sets I always like to start with die cutting all the shapes from white Neenah card stock. I keep this paper to put into my Misti to do all the stamping. The die cut pieces will fit into this sheet as little puzzle pieces. And so, I can stamp multiple flowers at the same time, building them up layer by layer. For the flowers I used several blue and green inks from my stash.

Another trick I always use when doing layered stamping is to use the sheet the stamps come on as a guide for positioning. I saw this once in a card making video and have been doing this technique ever since.

Knowing the flowers would really be very bright and the star of the show, I needed a toned-down background with still some interest to it. I created a white panel with the Frilly Frames Chevron dies and added it to a white card base. To make this background more dimensional, I added foam tape to the frame and some of the chevron strips. Other strips were just glued to the base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beautiful Bluebells Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Layered Basket, Window Quad Dies)

The Beautiful Bluebells are a perfect match for the large Layered Basket Stamps. I stamped just two layers of this set in a pale pink ink from my stash. Then I fussy cut the basket and made the edges a little darker by adding extra ink with a blending brush.

The little tag was made with dies from the Window Quad Square set. I had to trim it a bit to make it fit the basket. Next, I stamped the sentiment from Truckloads Of Love in the same pink ink as used before. After wrapping a piece of white twine around the basket I adhered it to the background with foam tape and added the tag with a little bow.

For the beautiful bouquet, I just started gluing the biggest flowers to the chevron panel with a repositionable tape runner so I could arrange the composition while adding more flowers. Next, I sprinkled some white paint splatters over the whole card front. Several Pure White Jewels were added across the design as a finishing touch.

Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Window Quad Square Die
Window Quad Square Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Basket Stamps
Layered Basket Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Layered Basket Dies
Layered Basket Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Truckloads of Love Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Bluebells Stamps
Beautiful Bluebells Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beautiful Bluebells Dies
Beautiful Bluebells Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment