Sunday, July 2, 2023

Silly Sloths Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a slothsome summer card today! I looked up some fun facts about sloths and learned that Costa Rica has one of the largest sloth populations. So, these 2 cuties are hanging out near a Costa Rican beach!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Summer Greenery, Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies)

I started this card with the beach background. I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" and die-cut a piece of eclipse masking tape using the sand portion of the Tropical Trees Backdrop Die. I masked the top portion of the cardstock piece and inked the sand with Antique Linen Distress ink. I then masked the sand and the sky portion of the cardstock and inked the ocean with Simon Says Stamp Seafoam ink. I placed a post-it note across the horizon line covering the bottom of the cardstock and inked the sky with Dried Marigold, Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass Distress inks. I stamped the sentiment using stamps from the Silly Sloths Stamps and the Fabulous Flamingos Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Silly Sloths Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Summer Greenery, Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies)

Next, I cut a strip of orange paper 1/4" x 4 1/4" and a strip of pink paper 1/2" x 4 1/4" from the Summer Splash Paper. I overlapped my background panel on these strips and adhered them together. I also cut a thin strip of black cardstock, overlapped it at the bottom and adhered the combined piece to an A2 card front 1/2" from the top edge.

To finish, I stamped images from the Silly Sloths Stamps and the Beach Buddies Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and fussy cut them out. I also die-cut a monstera leaf using the Summer Greenery Dies from white cardstock, colored it with Copics and adhered it to the bottom of my scene for a little extra tropical feel.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Fabulous Flamingos Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Fabulous Flamingos Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Stamps
Silly Sloths Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Silly Sloths Dies
Silly Sloths Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Greenery Die
Summer Greenery Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment