Thursday, July 20, 2023

Magical Mermaids Card with Marine

Hey crafty friends, Marine here with you today! It's been a while since my last underwater card, so I'm very happy to be back on the blog with this new 3D card showcasing three Magical Mermaids.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes, Ocean View)

I started off by creating the card base. I cut all the pieces out of white cardstock, cut an opening in the front panel, and assembled everything together. Next I cut the back panel out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock, colored it using salvaged patina + peacock feathers + blueprint sketch oxide inks, and stuck it on the white panel using liquid glue. And then I cut three wavy borders out of Strathmore bristol smooth cardstock again, colored them using antique linen + vintage photo oxide inks, and attached them inside the card using double sided tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes, Ocean View)

Next I stamped all my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, used the coordinating dies to cut them all, and colored everything using my Graph'it Brush markers and Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers. We have:

- the three mermaids + rocks + seaweeds + starfish + small fish from Magical Mermaids
- the crab + seaweed clusters from Ocean View
- the clown fish + seaweeds from Best Fishes
- the seaweed cluster from Fintastic Friends

Sunny Studio Stamps: Magical Mermaids Summer Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Fintastic Friends, Best Fishes, Ocean View)

I added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and attached them inside the card using glue dots. And I wanted a few fish to be swimming, so I stuck those images on the end of slim strips of acetate using 3mm glue dots, and then attached the other end of those strips of acetate on the wavy borders using the same glue dots.

Finally I created my sentiment. I cut a black banner using a die from the Notebook Photo Corners die set, white heat embossed my "Make a splash" greeting from Best Fishes on top of it, and then attached the banner on the bottom right corner of the card front.

And that's it! It was my first time coloring those beautiful mermaids, and I really enjoyed it! I loved creating this whole underwater scene, love how colorful it is, and I hope that you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Dies
Fintastic Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Dies
Ocean View Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Notebook Photo Corners Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment