Friday, July 7, 2023

Bright Balloons Card with Tina

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina and today I am featuring the super fun Bright Balloons dies. This set is perfect for lots of occasions, and by keeping the sentiment festive but neutral it’s a versatile card! Although I am a little bit of a hoarder of pretty craft papers, I do have (as many of us!) a large pile of scraps too! These balloon dies are perfect for using up small colorful pieces.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bright Balloons Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Panda Party, Happy Thoughts)

I love going through my paper pads mixing and matching patterns. All four balloon shapes were cut using scraps from Gingham Pastels, Dots & Stripes Pastels, and yes … even two Christmas pads (All Is Bright, Joyful Holiday)!

My goal is to keep cards relatively flat for mailing purposes. But today, I went all out with foam tape for lots of dimension in this circle tunnel design!

The card panel is a pretty blue paper from Dots & Stripes Pastels cut with the outside border Frilly Frames Stripes Die. I selected three circles from an infinity die set and used the largest one for this panel. I repeated this step with a smaller circle die and a white panel, finally I cut the third circle from a pink paper. Next, I dry embossed a white piece of Neenah paper with the Woodgrain Embossing Folder.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bright Balloons Birthday Card by Tina Henkens (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Panda Party, Happy Thoughts)

Of course I needed a cute critter to hold the big pile of balloons, I went with an adorable bear from Panda Party. All the coloring was done with Copic Markers. I stamped a combined sentiment from Happy Thoughts onto a small white banner with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Finally, I folded a white card base and adhered all my layering panels using foam tape where needed. I placed the sentiment on the bottom of the blue card panel and added my panda with the party hat. To assemble the balloon cluster, I used some Press ‘n Seal and temporary adhesive so I could easily adjust. I opted to just add one string to the balloons because ten was a bit much! A few Chrystal Clear Jewels were all the embellishment this card needed.

I hope you will enjoy creating sweet balloon cards with this cute set too! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Happy Thoughts Stamps
Happy Thoughts Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Gingham Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Frilly Frames Stripes Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
All Is Bright Paper
All Is Bright Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bright Balloons Dies
Bright Balloons Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment