Thursday, July 6, 2023

Birthday Cat Card with Marine

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today! In case you don't know, I'm French, and next week on July 14th we will celebrate Bastille Day. I never make cards or anything crafty for this day, so I thought it would be fun to mark the occasion and finally create something to celebrate our National Day. My card features four adorable kitties from Birthday Cat, and to complete my scene, I shopped my entire Sunny Studio collection and found the perfect images that match today's theme.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Slimline Dies, Balloon Rides, Paris Afternoon)

So I started off with the coloring. I stamped the images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, as always I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and then colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. Of course I went for a blue, white and red color palette to match the French flag, and in addition to the kitties from Birthday Cat, I picked:

- the hot air balloon + banners from Balloon Rides
- the Eiffel tower + beret from Paris Afternoon
- the stars from North Pole
- the birds from Seasonal Trees

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Slimline Dies, Balloon Rides, Paris Afternoon)

I silver heat embossed the Eiffel tower from Paris Afternoon on the same paper as the images, and then I worked on the background. To fit the four hot air balloons, I went for a slimline design and cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel that I colored using salty ocean + blueprint sketch + chipped sapphire oxide inks. I splattered my panel with copic opaque white ink, as well as a mix of black soot oxide ink and water.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Birthday Cat Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Slimline Dies, Balloon Rides, Paris Afternoon)

I cut another 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and cut a cloud border out of it using a die from the Slimline Nature Borders die set. I added a little bit of color to that border using tumbled glass oxide ink, and then I stamped my sentiment on the right side. I stamped the words "Floating by to say" from Floating By in black, and I silver heat embossed the word "Bonjour" from Charming City.

I attached everything on my dark blue panel using 1mm and 2mm foam squares, and finally added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen. And that's it! I really had a lot of fun creating this card, I love how it turned out, and I hope you like it too! Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Floating By Stamps
Floating By Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
North Pole Stamps
North Pole Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Stamps
Birthday Cat Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Birthday Cat Dies
Birthday Cat Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: