Sunday, July 23, 2023

Beach Buddies Card with Cathy

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a fun summer card featuring the adorable Beach Buddies Stamps. Summer is my favorite season so making ocean themed/tropical cards is one of my favorite things to do!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Slimline Dies, Catch A Wave Dies, Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies)

This is a mini slimline card (card base is 6 1/4" x 6 1/2", scored on the 6 1/2" side at 3 1/4" and folded in half) and I started by cutting a 3” x 6” panel from white cardstock for the card front. I die-cut a piece of Eclipse masking tape using a Slimline Nature Borders Die and placed the tape across the panel 2 1/4" from the top edge. I then inked a soft sky with Scattered Straw, Dried Marigold and Spun Sugar Distress inks. I stamped the “happy” sentiment 1/2" below the top edge and 3/4" from the left edge.

Next, I masked the sky and tore a ragged edge on a post-it note. I applied the post-it note 1” below the horizon line and inked the sand with Antique Linen Distress ink. Using Speckled Egg Distress ink, I very lightly inked a few inches below the beach and dotted the shoreline with a white gel pen. I also sprinkled a little water on the Speckled Egg area. I then adhered the panel to the card front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Summer Themed Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Slimline Dies, Catch A Wave Dies, Tropical Trees Backdrop Dies)

For the waves, I cut 3 pieces of white cardstock (1” x 3 1/4", 2 1/8”x 3 1/4", 2 1/2" x 3 1/4") and die-cut the top edge of each piece using the Catch a Wave Dies. I inked them with Evergreen Bough Distress ink at the bottom blended into Speckled Egg Distress ink towards the top of each wave and sprinkled water on them. Since I tucked the critters behind the waves, I set them aside until I had my critters ready to adhere.

I stamped all the images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I used the Beach Buddies Stamps/Dies and the Beach Babies Stamps/Dies (umbrella and beach ball). I then adhered the critters and waves to the card front as shown.

To finish, I die-cut a palm tree from the Tropical Trees Backdrop Die from white cardstock, colored it with Copics and adhered it on the beach. I heat embossed the “Summer” sentiment on white cardstock with white embossing powder, inked over it with Kitsch Flamingo Distress ink and fussy cut around it.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Stamps
Beach Babies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Babies Dies
Beach Babies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Catch A Wave Dies
Catch A Wave Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Tropical Trees Backdrop
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Dear SS and Cathy -
    This is GORGEOUS! I love, love, love the color scheme. It's perfect. I love the way the waves look, too. The critters, as always, are adorable.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete