Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Spring Fever Patterned Paper Focused Cards with Catherine and Marie

Hello Crafty Friends! Catherine here, and today I am sharing a colorful spring card created with Spring Fever Paper and Rainy Days Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Fever Paper Focused Rainy Day Friendship Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Scalloped Tag Dies)

To start, I added a stitched border by die cuting a stitched rectangle die onto a piece of  A2 white card stock.  Using Versamark Ink, I stamped the rain drops onto the background with the Rain Showers Stamp. I heat embossed the rain drops with clear embossing powder and set the card background aside.

For the tag, I die cut paper from Spring Fever Paper using Scalloped Tag Square Dies. Next, I die cut the cloudy background using a square die 3”x 3”.  Using the same die, I die cut a piece of acetate and wiped it with a dryer sheet to avoid static.  To make the white frame, I nested a 2.5” x 2.5” square die inside the 3”x 3” square die and ran it through my die cut machine with white cardstock. I repeated this with a piece of double-sided foam. I glued the acetate onto the white cardstock frame and then adhered it onto the foam frame. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Fever Paper Focused Rainy Day Friendship Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Scalloped Tag Dies)

The umbrella was made using Rainy Days Dies with paper from Spring Fever Paper. I ink blended the umbrella frame and the tip with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide. I glued the umbrella onto the cloudy background and added Crystal Clear Jewels and attached the acetate frame onto the background forming the shaker.  I glued the umbrella shaker onto the square tag. I adhered the entire tag onto the white embossed card background.

I added a colorful border using paper from the same pack die cut with Ribbon & Lace Border Dies. I added some rain drops from the Rainy Days Dies using blue cardstock and  highlighted a few with Clear Rain DropsI finished the card by tying a bow with yellow twine and a White Heat Embossed sentiment from Spring Showers Stamps.

Thank you so much for joining me today! Have a wonderful week!

--------------------------------------

Hello Crafty Friends, Marie here! I hope you are having a great Spring season so far! I'm happy to be back on the blog sharing a brand new card inspiration featuring Sunny Studio Stamps' Spring Fever Paper. Bright cheerful colors, and an array of beautiful patterns of polka dots, and florals are among the features I absolutely love about this amazing 6x6  paper pack! I love the variety of papers that can be used all year round and for so many different occasions, makes this pack one of my favorites in my stash! Today, I paired the Spring Fever pattern papers with Sunny's adorable Looking Sharp Stamps to create a fun and extra happy birthday card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Fever Paper Focused Looking Sharp Birthday Card by Marie Marco

To start, I cut an A2 sized base panel from 110 lb. Neenah Solar white heavyweight cardstock. I cut another A2 sized panel of rainbow pattern paper from the Spring Fever Paper. I adhered the pattern paper to my base using double sided tape adhesive to ensure the paper lay super flat without any bubbles. Then,  I cut out three circles using 2 different sized circle dies from a bright yellow polka dot paper. I played around with the placement of the circles before adhering them to my card front. 

Next, I stamped out all the adorable cacti images on watercolor paper using Antique Linen Distress Ink. I also used a birthday cupcake image from the Panda Party Stamps.  I then water colored my images using Faber-Castell watercolor pencils. I used the corresponding Looking Sharp Dies to cut out the cacti images and used the Panda Party Dies to cut out the cupcake. I adhered all the images inside the yellow circles using double sided tape adhesive, and used small cuts of double sided foam strips to give the cupcakes dimension. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Spring Fever Paper Focused Looking Sharp Birthday Card by Marie Marco

Lastly, I stamped out my sentiment onto some banner strips and adhered them to the card, and presto! A super fun birthday card for any of your cacti and succulent loving friends or family! I certainly have many people in my life that are  huge fans of these prickly plants so this card will find a home soon! Thank you so much for joining me today, friends! I hope I've inspired you to use more pattern papers in your creations! Until next week, stay safe and Happy Cardmaking! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Rain Showers Stamps
Rain Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Tags-Square
Scalloped Tags-Square
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainy Days Dies
Rainy Days Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment