Friday, March 10, 2023

Slimline Ribbon & Lace Die Focused Cards with Vanessa and Tina

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a monochromatic birthday card using the Slimline Ribbon & Lace Borders.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Ribbon & Lace Die Focused Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Birthday Balloons, Big Bold Greetings, Slimline Dies)

Do you own a box full of cardstock scraps? I do and I love to be able to find a good use for them. For this card, I die-cut strips from various hues of aqua/turquoise/petrol paper and adhered them to a piece of paper. Now I die-cut the rectangle using the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies and adhered it to the card base. I stamped the balloons from Birthday Balloon Stamps, die-cut them with the matching die, drew strings with a black marker and adhered the balloons to the card with foam tape.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Ribbon & Lace Die Focused Birthday Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Birthday Balloons, Big Bold Greetings, Slimline Dies)

Then I stamped the sentiment using the Big Bold Greetings set, die-cut it with the matching dies and adhered it with foam tape. Finally, I added tiny star sequins and added highlights with a white gel pen.

I hope to have you inspired to use those scraps! Have a lovely weekend!

---------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends, it’s Tina and today I am using the Slimline Ribbon & Lace dies to create an Easter basket from scratch!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Ribbon & Lace Die Focused Easter Card by Tina (featuring Chickie Baby, Fancy Frame Dies)

These new dies make it super easy to assemble custom shapes. First, I drew a simple basket outline onto a piece of white cardstock and cut it with my scissors. I wanted to fit four straight stitched edge strips and one scalloped one. That was the height of the basket, for width I opted to almost completely fill an A2 size panel.

I die cut the slimline edges using two sheets from the Spring Fever paper pad. Next, I stacked them onto the paper shape, trimmed the sides and I got myself a sweet basket! Chickie Baby is one of my Easter favorites, so I stamped and die cut three of the cute chicks. I colored them with my Copic makers and added some white highlights.

The basket needed to be filled with Easter eggs and at first, I was planning the use the eggs from that same stamp set. But with the basket being so colorful already, it just didn’t work. I had to keep the eggs plainer but in the same colors as the basket. For this, I used two different egg dies from my stash and papers in yellow, green, pink, and purple shades.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Slimline Ribbon & Lace Die Focused Easter Card by Tina (featuring Chickie Baby, Fancy Frame Dies)

My card panel was a white rectangle, and I used a stencil from my stash to add a fine purple line. I also cut a grassy border that I colored with two green Copic markers. Lastly, I created a white frame with the Fancy Frames Rectangle dies.

I was only going to use the top part of this frame, so I decided to embellish some of the plain eggs with the leftovers. Gluing them on in opposite directions for some variation. And that really gave them an instant make-over!

The ‘Happy Easter’ sentiment from Chickie Baby was stamped directly onto the background panel. I glued the panel to a white card base, added the top part of the frame and continued building the scene with the basket, eggs, grass and chicks. A few Pastel Jewels were all the bling this happy card needed. I hope this idea inspires you to create your own custom shapes with these fun Slimline Ribbon & Lace dies!

Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Dies
Chickie Baby Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Both of these are lovely! Vanessa, love the blue/green!! Very pretty! Tina, the Easter scene is adorable.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete