Thursday, March 30, 2023

Garden Critters Cards with Waleska and Marine

Hello it is me, Waleska! Today's inspiration project features the oh-so-cute Garden Critters Stamp Set mixed with the Just Bee-cause stamps I hope you like it!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Themed Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Out On A Limb Dies, Just Bee-cause)

I have to admit I am not so much of a bug kind of person but this cute little garden bugs are just too cute. I wanted to create a scene for all this critters so I decided to use the Out On a Limb dies to create some branches for the bugs. I used kraft cardstock and Vintage Photo Oxide ink for the branches and copic markers for the leaves. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Themed Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Out On A Limb Dies, Just Bee-cause)

I stamped and cut with the coordinating dies all the bugs, but I also wanted to add some bees to this scene. I used a cloud stencil to create a cloudy background and started assembling the scene. There were some spaces left so I stamped and cut three clouds. I finally stamped the sentiment at the bottom of the scene and add it to a pattern paper base from the Spring Fever paper pad.

So cute don't you think? I just love all this adorable friends having a good time on a spring day! Thank you for stopping by have a great day!

-------------------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends, Marine here, super happy to be back on the blog with the cutest little bugs from Garden Critters. To fit as many as I could on my card, I went for a slimline design, which is definitely my favorite size when I want to showcase a whole bunch of images. And that happens very often!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Feeling Froggy, Country Scenes, Just-Beecause)

I started off by stamping all my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, and I cut them all using the coordinating dies. Next I cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and placed all my non colored images on top to help me visualize the different parts of the scene I wanted to create. For this card, I wanted most of the panel to be clouds, and to have a pond and a grass border at the bottom. So I marked those different parts on my panel using a pencil, and then I colored it using stencils from my stash and oxide inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Feeling Froggy, Country Scenes, Just-Beecause)

Once the panel was done, I colored the images using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. And as written above, I stamped a bunch of images from different sets:

the bees, ladybugs and fireflies from Garden Critters
the beehive from Just Bee-Cause
the branch from Little Birdie
the frog and flies from Feeling Froggy
the cattails and water lilies from Country Scenes

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Feeling Froggy, Country Scenes, Just-Beecause)

I white heat embossed my "Sending bugs & kisses" greeting at the very bottom of my panel. The word "Sending" is from Bear Hugs, and the words "Bugs & kisses" are from Garden Critters. And next I stuck the images on my panel using a combination of 1mm foam squares, liquid glue and 3mm glue dots.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Spring Themed Card by Marine Simon (featuring Feeling Froggy, Country Scenes, Just-Beecause)

The last final step was to add highlights and details on the images using a white gel pen, and that's it, super adorable, I hope that you like this lovely scene. Feel welcome to check the process video for more details (click the image above)! Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next time.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Dies
Just Bee-cause Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Stamps
Country Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Scenes Dies
Country Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Froggy Stamps
Feeling Froggy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Feeling Froggy Dies
Feeling Froggy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Out on A Limb Dies
Out on A Limb Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: