Saturday, March 18, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel from RachelAlvaradoDesigns.com, and I'm excited to share two projects with you today using products from the latest Sunny Studio Stamps release. For my first project, I created an A6 sized box card that showcases the super cute Clucky Chicken Stamp Set. I paired this set with some images from the Seasonal Trees Stamp Set to create a fun 3D scene. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Seasonal Trees)

When folded, my card measures at 4.5" x 6.25" and fits easily into a standard A6 (or even a 5x7) envelope for mailing. All of my images were stamped onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock, colored with Copic Markers, and cut out with both the Clucky Chicken and Seasonal Trees Die Sets.

Copic Colors Used:

  • Reds: R35, R59, R89
  • White: 0, C00, C1, C3
  • Chicks/Hay: Y19, Y21, E34
  • Tree: YG23, YG25, YG67
  • Birdhouse: B12, B16, B18
Sunny Studio Stamps: Clucky Chickens Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Seasonal Trees)

I also added a cute little white picket fence around the perimeter using the
 Picket Fence Border Die Set. For my grass, I used both the grass die from the Picket Fence Die Set as well as the grass die from the Slimline Nature Border Dies along with some green card stock. For my background sky, I trimmed a piece of the sky/cloud patterned paper that comes in the new Spring Fever Paper Pad.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Fancy Frame Circle Dies)

For my second project, I made a simple card using the adorable new Build-A-Birdhouse Die Set. I layered my card with some pink patterned paper from the same paper pad that I had used above. After stamping my sentiment from the A Bird's Life Stamp Set, I then die cut a basic circle and blended it with some Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, and Tattered Rose Distress Oxide Inks. I added another piece of a white picket fence to this circular piece with some liquid adhesive and then trimmed off the edges of the fence so that it was flush with the edge of the circle. I then added this piece to the front of my card and framed it with some gorgeous white scalloped circles that I had die cut using the Fancy Frames Circles Die Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Fancy Frame Circle Dies)

Lastly, I added my birds and bird house with some 3D Foam adhesive tape for some extra dimension. I love how sweet these birds are and how simple this set is to use.

I hope you enjoyed my cards today! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed! Wishing you all a lovely day! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

A Bird's Life Stamps
A Bird's Life Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Fancy Frames-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Clucky Chickens Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clucky Chickens Dies
Clucky Chickens Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. I'm a big fan of Rachel's. These are fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete