Thursday, March 23, 2023

Big Bold Greetings Cards with Marine and Waleska

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today, back with this fun and bright birthday slimline card showcasing some chubby tropical birds, as well as the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from Big Bold Greetings.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Chickie Baby, Tropical Scenes, Little Birdie)

I started off by stamping my images on Transotype perfect coloring paper using an alcohol marker friendly black ink, I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and colored everything using my Spectrum Noir Illustrator markers and Graph'it Brush markers. And as very often I picked the stamps from different sets to create a cute mix & match on my card. The birds are from Chickie Baby and are supposed to be chicks, but I turned them into tropical birds using turquoise shades, the butterflies are from Bunnyville, the leafy border is from Tropical Scenes, and the branch is from Little Birdie.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Chickie Baby, Tropical Scenes, Little Birdie)

Next I created the background. I cut an 8,5 x 3,5 inches Strathmore bristol smooth panel, and used one of my favorite color combos: squeezed lemonade, dried marigold, kitsch flamingo and picked raspberry oxide inks. This combination is versatile and can be used on any card for any theme, but I think it fits the tropical vibe quite nicely.

Once the ink blending was done, I used a birch tree stencil from my stash and the same oxide inks to emphasize the jungle look I wanted to give to my card, and then I attached the images on the panel using 1mm foam squares and 3mm glue dots.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Chickie Baby, Tropical Scenes, Little Birdie)

I created my greeting in two parts, and attached them in the middle of my panel. I first gold heat embossed "Happy Birthday" from Big Bold Greetings on vellum, and cut those words using the coordinating die. And next I white heat embossed the phrase "You're one cool birdie" on a slim brown banner. The words "You're one cool" are from Chickie Baby, and the word "Birdie" is from Little Birdie.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Chickie Baby, Tropical Scenes, Little Birdie)

As always I finished the card with white highlights and details on the images, and that's it! I hope that you like this new cute and bright tropical card. Feel welcome to check the process video for more details (click on the image above). Thanks so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

----------------------------------------------

Hi friends, Waleska here! If you love Pandas and Rainbows this card is for you! For my card today I used the Panda Party Stamps, the Big Bold Greetings and lots of colors!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Comic Strip Everyday Dies, Panda Party)

I wanted to create a very colorful card having a contrasting color, in this case black, and to do that I used colorful backgrounds with black and white cute pandas. I started by cutting the Comic Strip Everyday Dies on white cardstock and coloring each of the panels with Oxide inks:Candied Apple, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Salty Ocean and Wilted Violet, I almost always like to add more interest to my inked pieces with water and sparkle watercolor. I adhere this pieces to the comic strip inspired die. I stamped and color all of the pandas, cupcakes and banners with copic markers and hand cut them.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Comic Strip Everyday Dies, Panda Party)

I stamped and cut with the coordinating die the sentiment Make a Wish from the Big Bold Greetings set and adhere all the cute pandas. I finally adhered this panel to a white card base and this card is done! Ready to wish happy birthday someone special. Thank you friends for stopping by today! I hope you feel inspired to create some birthday cards!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chickie Baby Stamps
Chickie Baby Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chickie Baby Dies
Chickie Baby Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Tropical Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tropical Scenes Dies
Tropical Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment