Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Spring Fever Focused Cards with Lien and Isha

Hi crafty friends! It's Lien here back with a colorful clean and simple card. With lots of friends living abroad, I use a ton of "miss you" and "thinking of you" cards. And any sort of card you need a lot from, you probably want a quick way to make them. Even better, this card design works for any occasion, just swap out the sentiment and you're good to go!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Passionate Penguins Card by Lien Leysen

I simply stamped the fun image from the Passionate Penguins stamp set in alcohol marker friendly ink and colored it in with my Ohuhu Markers. I do use a trick when stamping for marker colorings where I leave the stamp sitting in my Misti and after I'm done coloring I stamp it once again in Versafine Onyx Black ink. This is a pigment ink and stays wet for a while so I can add clear embossing powder to it.

I love a glossy black embossed outline but if you go over that line too often with alcohol markers, you will rub it away and it might even ruin the nib of your markers. This simple trick takes 2 minutes extra and I love the finished look. I die cut the image with the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Passionate Penguins Card by Lien Leysen

To put this card together, I just used a piece of patterned paper from the gorgeous Spring Fever paper pack and adhered that to the top of my card. I added a sentiment white embossed on black from the Breakfast Puns stamp set and put it behind the image which I propped up on some foam tape. Simple, quick, easy to mass produce, and you can make this work for any occasion!

----------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha here today with a fun and cheerful card. I played with patterns from the new Spring Fever paper collection. I decided to incorporate some of the new and old stamps and dies as they all blend well together.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Looking Sharp Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Big Bold Greetings, Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Build-A-Birdhouse Dies)

To start, I cut the floral pattern, matted it with a pink cardstock and adhered to a white card base. Then cut the dotted yellow paper stripe and adhere. Next, I die-cut the tag using the cloud background paper from the Mini Mat and Tag 2 dies. Die-cut the grass from the grass pattern paper using the Picket Fence dies. Die-cut the birds from the Build-A-Birdhouse dies, color using copic markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Looking Sharp Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Big Bold Greetings, Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Build-A-Birdhouse Dies)

Stamp the cactus from the Looking Sharp stamp set, color and die-cut using the coordinating dies. Stamp the word "THANKS" from the Big Bold Greetings stamp and die-cut using the coordinating diesAssemble everything together. To finish add the twine and some enamel dots.

Thank you for dropping by and have a nice day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Looking Sharp Stamps
Looking Sharp Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Looking Sharp Dies
Looking Sharp Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are both darling! I love critters so the first card is particularly attractive, but I like them both a lot.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete