Saturday, January 21, 2023

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello friends! It's Rachel here from RachelAlvaradoDesigns.com. I am thrilled to be guest designing for the newest Sunny Studio release and have two projects to share with you!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Slimline Dies)

My first project is a mini slimline pop-up box card that measures at 3.5" x 6.5" when folded. I colored a number of the cute little pandas from the new Panda Party Stamp Set with Copic Markers after stamping them onto a sheet of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock. I used the coordinating Panda Party Die Set to cut them out. I also added a bundle of balloons from the Floating By Stamp Set.

I added some grass by trimming 4 pieces of white card stock to 4" x 2" and die cutting them with the grass die from the Slimline Nature Border Dies. I then blended these pieces with some Bundled Sage Distress Oxide Ink and splattered them with some diluted opaque white paint. I also blended a blue sky background with some Salty Ocean and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Slimline Dies)

Copic Colors Used:

  • Pandas: W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, W9
  • Pinks: RV02, RV04, RV55, RV66
  • Greens: YG01, YG07, YG17, YG67
  • Blues: B000, B01, B04
  • Purples: V01, V12, V15
  • Yellows: Y11, Y13, Y15
  • Oranges: YR02, YR04, YR18

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Love Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my second card, I made a clean and simple card featuring the cute little pups from the Puppy Love Stamp Set. I wanted the puppies to be the focal point of the card, so I kept my background simple by utilizing the majority of the white space. To start, I trimmed a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock to 4.25" x 5.5". I then stamped my pups onto the lower left corner of my card with some Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I also stamped my sentiment on the top right corner with the same ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Puppy Love Card by Rachel Alvarado

I once again used Copic Markers to color my images to finish my card.

Copic Colors Used:

  • Browns: E40, E42, E43, E44
  • White: 0, W00, W1, W3
  • Reds: R14, R35, R59, R89
  • Shadow: T1, T3

I hope you enjoyed my cards today! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed! Wishing you all a lovely day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used: 

Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Puppy Love Stamps
Puppy Love Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. What adorable cards!! You know I always love to see anything Rachel posts! Love these!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete