Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Big Bold Greetings Cards with Marie and Catherine

Hello Crafty Friends! It's Marie here for another pop-up platform box project inspiration! I am a little obsessed with these pop - up boxes by Lawn Fawn because they are the perfect size for showcasing the small images in Sunny Studio's Stamp sets. Today's Birthday Platform Pop-up feature the Big Bold Greetings Stamp from their latest Spring 2023 release as well as their new Garden Critters Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Garden Critters)

I started off my card by stamping all my images from the Garden Critters Stamps with Antique Linen Distress ink onto watercolor paper. Using Faber Castell watercolor pencils, I colored all my images and cut them out using the Garden Critters Dies.  I then stamped my Big Bold Greeting sentiment onto Neenah Solar white 110lb cardstock using Seedless preserves Distress Oxide ink and cut out the sentiment using the corresponding Big Bold Greetings Dies.

Next step is to die cut all the pop-up platform components and ink blend the panels. For the background panel, I used a cloud stencil with Salvaged Patina Distress Ink. For all the grass panels, I ink blended them using Twisted Citron Distress Ink and Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. And finally the "dirt" was inked using Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Garden Critters)

After Assembling my box, I decided to decorate the side panels of the base using the new Spring Fever Paper. I trimmed the paper and wrapped it around the box using Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. Then I positioned the Big Bold Happy Birthday sentiment in the middle of the box. To create the floating illusion, I placed sturdy acetate strips on either side and adhered it using double sided tape adhesive. I did the same to the adorable flying garden critters. Finally as a finishing touch, I added a small die cut heart in the center, and presto! Another super simple interactive pop-up card that's perfect for spring birthdays!! Thank you so much for joining me today!! Until next time, Happy Crafting and Cardmaking! 

-----------------------------------------

Hello Crafty Friends, Catherine here! I hope you everyone is having a good week so far.  Today, I am sharing a birthday card featuring Big Bold Greetings and the ever so cute Panda Party!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Panda Party, Comic Strip Everyday Dies, Make A Wish)

To start, I die cut a frame with confetti cardstock from Surprise Party using Comic Strip Everyday Dies. Next, I placed the frame over A2 white cardstock and gently traced the horizontal lines on the frame. I used the lines as a guide to ink blend the background. I removed the the frame and started ink blending my background working from bottom to top using Abandoned Coral, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean Distress Oxide Inks. I splattered water onto the background and added specks of orange, yellow and blue water color.

I stamped “Make a Wish” from Big Bold Greetings Stamp with Versamark Ink and heat embossed it with pink embossing powder. I then die cut the sentiment with the coordinating die Big Bold Greetings Dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Big Bold Greetings Birthday Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Panda Party, Comic Strip Everyday Dies, Make A Wish)

I stamped the cute pandas from Panda Party, birthday cake from Make A Wish Stamps. I borrowed some presents from Happy Owlidays, balloons from Oceans of Joy, and the party hats from Party Pups. I die cut the images with the coordinating dies and colored them with Copic Markers listed in the link in my blog below.

I adhered the frame to the background of the card followed by all the images. I used foam tape for extra dimension.

Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you like my card! For more inspiration, I would love to have you visit me at Craft-Cat!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Oceans of Joy Dies
Oceans of Joy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Oceans of Joy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Stamps
Party Pups Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Dies
Party Pups Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Owlidays Stamps
Happy Owlidays Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Owlidays Dies
Happy Owlidays Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Stamps
Make A Wish Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Make A Wish Dies
Make A Wish Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Surprise Party 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Big Bold Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Big Bold Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment