Monday, January 23, 2023

Panda Party Cards with Bobbi and Cathy

Hello Sunny friends. It’s Bobbi sharing a Panda Party in the forest! Panda bears are known to live in the mountainous, bamboo forests of China and feast on bamboo. Did you know that in a single day, a panda can eat between 20 to 30 pounds of bamboo? After learning this, I decided to surround these cute bears in their favorite habitat, a rocky environment surrounded by bamboo. I'm using the new Panda Party stamp set  and coordinating dies by Sunny Studio Stamps. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

To create this A2-sized card, I used Neenah 80lb cardstock for the card base and card front panel. I blended on green ink using Ranger Distress Oxide Inks in Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint and Rustic Wilderness. I used blender brushes to apply green all around the outer edge of the card front panel. Next, I free-handed some simple bamboo trees/plants to the background using Copic Markers in YG99, YG95, YG93, (for the trunks) E44 (branches) and YG67 (leaves).

To create a foreground area for my pandas, I added a grassy border at the bottom of the front panel. This also allowed me to tuck in some rocky surfaces behind the grassy area. I hand cut both the rocks (from two colors of gray) and the tall grasses.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

Every party needs some pandas so I added in a number of the bears from the set to the scene. Colorful party hats and pennant banners decorate the party scene in vivid blues, yellows, and oranges. I used YR09, YR68, B05, B04, B02, Y15, Y08, C3 and C1 Copic colors. I had an open space in the middle of the scene and thought the one standing bear should have a balloon in hand so I punched out a 3/4″ circle from red cardstock and added shadowing, highlights and a string using my white Gelly Roll pen, black marker and Copic R29 marker.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Bobbi Lemanski


This set has some really unique and fun panda-themed sentiments so I stamped a few inside. I also had an extra panda and banner so I added both above the phrases to keep the fun going inside, too!

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

-------------------------------------------------

Hey friends! Cathy here today sharing a cute and fun birthday card featuring the new Panda Party Stamps!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Ribbon & Lace Border Dies)
 

To start this card, I cut a piece of white cardstock 3 1/2" x 4 1/4" and created a confetti effect by splattering a little watered down Distress inks with a paintbrush. I used Picked Raspberry, Peacock Feathers, Fossilized Amber and Twisted Citron. I heat embossed the sentiment in the upper right corner and adhered this piece to the top of an A2 card base.

 

Next, I cut a piece of patterned paper from the Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones Paper 2” x 4 1/4" and adhered it to the bottom of the card front. I then cut 1” x 4 1/4" strips from 3 more of the papers and die-cut the bottom edge of each using one of the Ribbon & Lace Border Dies. I overlapped and adhered these pieces below the white cardstock. I used the Ribbon & Lace Border Dies again to die-cut a piece of black cardstock, cut it to 4 1/4" long and adhered it across the bottom of the white cardstock.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Panda Party Birthday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Ribbon & Lace Border Dies)
 

For the present, I cut a rectangle 1” x 1 1/4" from white cardstock and die-cut a bow using the Sweet Treat House Add-on Dies. I used the windowpane portion of the Wonderful Windows Dies for the ribbon, adhered the die-cut piece to the rectangle and trimmed off the excess along the edges. I colored these elements with Copics.

 

To finish, I stamped the images on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I used the following stamps and dies:

Panda Party Stamps and Dies

Bear Hugs Stamps and Dies (balloons)

 

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bear Hugs Stamps
Bear Hugs Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bear Hugs Dies
Bear Hugs Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Jewel Tones 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonderful Windows Dies
Wonderful Windows Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment