Monday, January 16, 2023

Garden Critter Cards with Cathy and Bobbi

Hey friends! Cathy here today buzzin’ on in with these cute dragonflies from the Garden Critters Stamps! I just love how happy they look!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critter Spring Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Slimline Dies, Spring Bouquet)
 

I started this card with the sky background by die-cutting a piece of white cardstock using the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies. I cut the panel to 5 1/2” long and inked clouds with a stencil using Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I heat embossed the sentiment approximately  2 1/4" from the top edge and then matted the panel on black cardstock.


Next, I cut 2 strips of patterned paper from the Spring Fever Paper 1” x 5 1/2" and adhered them to each side of an A2 card base. I then adhered the cloud panel to the center of the card.


Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critter Spring Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Slimline Dies, Spring Bouquet)

My dragonflies needed a few flowers to buzz around, so I stamped Iris from the Spring Bouquet Stamps and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I adhered them to the card front and trimmed the excess leaves and stems along the edges.


To finish, I stamped the dragonflies on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I added sparkle to their wings with a shimmer brush and adhered them using foam tape to pop them up from the background.


I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

---------------------------------------

Hello Sunny friends. It’s Bobbi here with a new set for spring called Garden Critters by Sunny Studio Stamps. This set is filled with cute little creatures buzzing, flying, crawling, and/or growing in the garden! I used this stamp set and coordinating dies along with the new Spring Fever pattern paper in this spring release and the Wonky Windows dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critter Spring Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Wonky Window Dies)

After cutting the Wonky Windows openings from the front panel, I added a pretty blue, cloudy sky patterned paper behind the windows and a strip of greenery to the bottom base of the panel. Now comes the fun part …. I added flowers, critters, greens and a bright sun to the scene. The tulips were colored in reds, oranges and yellows and the planter boxes in blue. 

Here’s a list of the Copic colors I used:
Greens: YG03, YG25, YG67
Reds: R29, R24, R14, R22
Yellows and oranges: YR09, YR68, Y38, Y15, Y08, Y06
Blue: B000, B00, B02, B04
Violet: V04
Cool Grays: C7, C5, C3, C1
Black: 100
White Gelly Roll Pen for highlights


Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critter Spring Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Wonky Window Dies)

A watering can full of posies and a sweet little lady bug sit in the green grass at the bottom. Bees, a butterfly, and a dragonfly accent each window. I used cushion strips to make the front panel sit off the background layer for some depth and dimension. This set has several sentiments to choose from. I used “Hap-Bee Birthday” on this card, positioning the words by the bees in the scene. This card fits neatly in an A2-sized envelope.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wonky Windows Die
Wonky Windows Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Bouquet Stamps
Spring Bouquet Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Bouquet Dies
Spring Bouquet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: