Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Rainy Days Cards with Lien and Isha

Hi crafty friends! It's Lien here today on the Sunny Studio blog with a clean and simple miss you card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Card by Lien Leysen (featuring Ribbon & Lace Border Dies)

For this card I'm using the Rainy Days die set. I cut the umbrella a few times from white cardstock and then cut each part out of a different colored cardstock to make a rainbow umbrella. I glued all of those together with liquid adhesive and set it aside while working on my background.

I wanted a sort of split card design for this, I make those quite often because it's a great way to step up your clean and simple cards. I only need a small strip of a colored background so I took a scrap of watercolor cardstock and went to town on it with my Distress Spray Stains and some water in a spray bottle. I made sure the top of the strip was darker than the bottom for that rainy sky effect and let it dry completely.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Card by Lien Leysen (featuring Ribbon & Lace Border Dies)

I also used the Ribbon & Lace dies to cut a border in both my white cardstock pieces to layer on top of my rainy background. I added foam tape to the back of the white pieces to prop them up a little and did the same for the umbrella.

To finish this card I added a sentiment strip from the Breakfast Puns stamp set and a few Iridescent Bubbles embellishments.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, Isha here! Last week was so much fun with tons of inspiration by Mendi featuring all the new release products. Love everything as always. Today I am featuring the Rainy Days dies. What I like the most is that it is so easy to combine these with the other stamps and dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Panda Party, Garden Critters, Words of Gratitude)

This is a one layer card with images adhered using 3d foam for dimension. To start, I sponged the grass and the clouds using distress inks just to the center of the card. I then die-cut the umbrella and the rain boot, colored them using copic markers and adhered all the pieces. Now I added a floral cluster from the Garden Critters stamp set to the rain boot. It fits perfectly. I stamped the images, colored using copic markers and then die-cut using the coordinating dies.

Panda - Panda Party stamp and dies
Sun, Florals, Bees, Lady bug, Grass - Garden Critters stamps and dies
Sentiment - Words of Gratitude

Sunny Studio Stamps: Rainy Day Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Panda Party, Garden Critters, Words of Gratitude)

Stamp the sentiment. Adhere all the images using 3d foam for extra dimension. Add Nuvo clear sparkle pen onto the sun, umbrella for subtle shine. Thank you for dropping by and have a nice day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Words of Gratitude Stamps
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Stamps
Panda Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Panda Party Dies
Panda Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainy Days Dies
Rainy Days Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Ribbon & Lace Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: