Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Valentine's Day Cards with Marie and Catherine

Happy New Year Crafty Friends, Marie here! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I still can't believe we are at the beginning of a brand new year! To kick off the New Year, I am sharing my first card inspiration of 2023 featuring Sunny Studio's Love Monkey Stamps. This stamp set is full of so many adorable monkey images perfect for projects all year round! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Card by Marie Marco (featuring Fancy Frame Rectangle Dies)

To create this Valentine's themed card, I cut out 3 A2 sized panels from Bristol Smooth Cardstock. For the first panel, I used the Fancy Frames Rectangle Dies for the scalloped frames. I then inked the outer frame with Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. For the second panel, I die cut an oval from the center and with a leaf pattern embossing folder gave it texture. For the 3rd panel, I distress inked my night time background using a combination of Seedless Preserves, Uncharted Mariner, and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks. I gave it some water splatter for a subtle star texture. 

I stamped all my images onto watercolor paper with distress ink in Antique Linen, and used water color pencils to color them. I cut them out using the Love Monkey Dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Love Monkey Card by Marie Marco (featuring Fancy Frame Rectangle Dies)

I then adhered the panel with the cut out oval center to the inked background panel, and adhered my scalloped frames as well. I also adhered the monkey images using double sided foam tape. I used bearly art precision craft glue to adhere all the other images. I stamped out my sentiments onto 110 lb cardstock and fussy cut them out and adhered them in wonky positions to mimic the playfulness of my card. I also die cut some random hearts and incorporated them into my scene. I decided to give my elements some dimension by using Ranger Glossy Accents on the tree leaves and vines, and all the hearts. I just love how the glossy accents make things you want to highlight just pop!

And that does it for today's card inspiration! Thank You so much for joining me today!!! Until Next time, Happy Crafting!!

---------------------------------------------

Hello and Happy New Year Crafty Friends! Catherine here and I am so excited to be back on the Sunny Studio Creative Team for the Spring 2023 term! For my Valentine’s Day Card, I created a pop-up oven card featuring the cute Breakfast Puns Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Breakfast Puns Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies)

For the base, I pieced together a pop up box card without the flaps using some colorful cardstock from Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper Pack. I created an oven window using the rectangle die from Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies and added a piece of acetate. I adhered cardstock from Sleek Stripes Paper for the inside of the oven. For the oven control panel, I layered three pieces of cardstock with rounded corners made with a corner punch. I used the colorful cardstock from Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper Pack for the first layer (bottom), followed by cardstock from Sleek Stripes Paper Pack, and the top layer was created by ink blending white cardstock with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide.

I added some stove knobs made with circle dies from Candy Shoppe Dies using white cardstock ink blended with Hickory Smoke and Black Soot Distress Oxide. For the oven door handle, I cut a thin strip of paper out of white cardstock sized 2”x ¼” and I ink blended it with Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Breakfast Puns Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies, Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies)

Next, I stamped the images from Breakfast Puns Stamps and die cut with Breakfast Puns Dies. I made the frying pan using a 2’1/4’ circle die and trimmed the baseball bat from Team Player Stamps for the handle. I colored the pan and images with Copic Markers listed in my blog link below. I adhered the images onto the box card using Acetate strips.

I added two White Heat Embossed sentiments. I thought it would be fun to use Comic Strip Speech Bubbles Die for one of them. I finished off the card by added some adorable cascading hearts from Passionate Penguins Stamps.

Thank you so much for stopping by. For more inspiration, please visit me at Crafti-Cat!  Wishing you and your families a healthy and happy 2023!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Candy Shoppe Dies
Candy Shoppe Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Dies
Breakfast Puns Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Team Player Stamps
Team Player Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sleek Stripes Paper
Sleek Stripes Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: