Thursday, January 26, 2023

Build-a-Birdhouse Die Focused Cards with Marine and Waleska

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today, I'm super happy to be back on the blog with a cute spring card showcasing the brand new and ever so cute Build-a-Birdhouse die set. It's not that usual for me to only use die cuts on my projects, I'm more of a busy-scene-with-critters kind of crafter, but I really enjoyed creating and assembling this lovely card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Missing You Card by Marine Simon (featuring Out On A Limb Dies)

I wanted the birdhouses to be super colorful, so I started off by cutting all the different elements and birds out of several plain colored cardstock. The Build-a-Birdhouse die set comes with a pole die to place the houses on, but I wanted them to be hanging from a tree, so I used the Out On a Limb die set to cut two branches out of some brown cardstock, and some leaves out of a green dotted pattern paper from the new Spring Fever paper pack.

Next I cut a 5,5" x 4,25" pink floral panel using another paper from the Spring Fever paper pack, as well as a slightly smaller vellum panel. I temporarily taped the vellum panel to the pink one using washi tape, I assembled the birdhouses, and glued them on the vellum along with the branches, leaves and birds using foam squares.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Missing You Card by Marine Simon (featuring Out On A Limb Dies)

For my greeting, I first white heat embossed the words "Wishing you the" from Country Carnival, and I cut some gold glitter letters to form the word "Best" and finally read "Wishing you the best". Next I removed the washi tape that was keeping the pink panel and vellum panel together, I flipped the vellum panel over and applied liquid glue at the back of each die cut element, and then I attached that vellum panel to the pink floral one. And finally I added stitched lines above each birdhouse using a white gel pen to connect them to the branches.

And that's it! Feels like spring already, right? Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next week!

------------------------------------------

Hey friends, Waleska here! I am excited to share today's card featuring the new Build-a-Birdhouse dies. They are perfect to create all kinds of scenes they can be spring, summer or even winter.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Birthday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Out On A Limb Dies)

I started my card die cutting and coloring the bird houses, I used oxide inks in colors Shaded Lilac, Kitsch Flamingo and Peacock Feathers, some details I leave them white and others I used copic markers to color them. I then started working on the background. I used a cloud stencil and the same colors I used for the bird houses. I mix the oxide inks with a little bit of water and splash the sky and the houses. I really wanted to incorporate the birds to this scene so I die cut two branches from the Out on a Limb dies with kraft cardstock as well as some leaves that I color with copic markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Build-A-Birdhouse Birthday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Out On A Limb Dies)

I started to assemble my card using all the elements, I also cut and color two birds and adhered them on the tree branches. I added a frame from the Fancy Frames Rectangle dies and cut a kraft base for my card and a white card as a base. The fun sentiment is from the A Bird's Life Stamp set. This is one of my favorite dies from the latest release. What dies were your favorite?

Thank you for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

A Bird's Life Stamps
A Bird's Life Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Fancy Frames- Rectangles
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Out on A Limb Dies
Out on A Limb Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Stamps
Country Carnival Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Build-A-Birdhouse Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment