Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Garden Critters Cards with Catherine and Marie

Hello Crafty Friends! Catherine here, it’s February 1st and Valentine’s Day is just two weeks away!  I created a Valentine’s Day card with some of the cute bees from Garden Critters Stamps which coordinated nicely with Just Bee-Cause Stamps.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Bursting Heart Dies, Haley Alphabet Dies, Just Bee-cause)

To start, I ink blended a piece of A2 white cardstock with Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, and Festive Berries Distress Oxide.  Next I die cut the beautiful Bursting Heart Die out of white cardstock and adhered it onto the background. I ink blended some of the white hearts from the Bursting Heart Die with Festive Berries Distress Oxide and adhered the hearts onto the background.

I stamped and die cut the bees from Garden Critters Stamps and the bees and bee hive from Just Bee-Cause Stamps and die cut the images with coordinating dies. I added some “heart” branches from Love Monkey Stamps and I colored all the images with Copic Markers listed in my blog link below.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Card by Catherine Cohen (featuring Bursting Heart Dies, Haley Alphabet Dies, Just Bee-cause)

For the sentiment, I ink blended Festive Berries and Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide onto white cardstock and I trimmed the banner with my paper cutter. I white heat embossed the sentiment from Just Bee-Cause Stamps. I finished off the card with the word “Bee” using the new Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies and Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies ink blended with Festive Berries Distress Oxide.

Thanks so much for joining me today! For more Valentine’s inspiration, please feel free to visit me at Crafti-Cat.

--------------------------------------------

Hello Crafty Friends, Marie here! I am happy to be back on the blog sharing a new card! For many people across different cultures, ladybugs, grasshoppers, dragonflies, and even bees are a symbol of good luck, good fortune, and prosperity so I decided to create a Good Luck card featuring the Garden Critters Stamp. This card is perfect for anyone who needs some warm encouragement! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Card by Marie Marco (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Haley Alphabet Dies, Autumn Greenery)

To create this card, I first start by die cutting an A2 sized panel from Neenah Solar white 110 lb cardstock paper. I then used the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace Die to cut a super cute scalloped panel from the new Spring Fever Paper. I then attached the pattern paper to the white panel using some double sided tape adhesive. 

To create the leafy wreath I used a single leaf die from the Autumn Greenery Dies. I ink blended all my leaves using Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. For my "good Luck" sentiment, I used the new Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies

Next, I stamped all the garden critters onto watercolor paper using Distress Ink in the color Antique Linen. I then watercolor all my images using Faber- Castell watercolor Pencils. Finally, I used the corresponding Garden Critters Dies to  cut out all the images. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Garden Critters Card by Marie Marco (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Haley Alphabet Dies, Autumn Greenery)

To complete my card, I die cut an oval from Translucent Vellum paper and adhered it to the center of my pattern paper. I layered all the leaves around the vellum  to create a wreath. I adhered the leaves using double sided tape adhesive and foam tape to add some dimension. Next, I added the garden critters using some Bearly Art Precision Craft glue and foam tape. Lastly, I adhered the sentiment and added some spare die cut hearts as a finishing touch. 

And that does it for this week's project inspiration! Thank you for joining me today! Until next week, Happy Crafty Cardmaking!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Just Bee-cause Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Just Bee-cause Dies
Just Bee-cause Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Autumn Greenery Dies
Autumn Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Stamps
Garden Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Critters Dies
Garden Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Lowercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies
Hayley Uppercase Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Fever Paper
Spring Fever Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness, these are SO STINKIN' CUTE!!! Love them! TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete