Friday, November 11, 2022

Snowman Kisses Cards with Vanessa and Tina

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a fun winter card using the adorable Snowman Kisses set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Scenic Route, Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies)

I die-cut the Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies from white cardstock and inked the inside parts with Dried Marigold and Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide inks. Now I stamped all my images, colored everything with Copics and die-cut the pieces with the matching dies. Then I adhered the Scenic Route images to the little squares and rectangles, trimmed them and adhered these to the card base. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Scenic Route, Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies)

I adhered the snowmen with foam tape and added the cute banner from Balloon Rides. Finally, I added snow with a white gel pen.

Have a happy weekend, everybody! 

--------------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends, Tina here with an ornament shaped Christmas card featuring the new Snowman Kisses stamp and die set!  How adorable is this set, and perfect for your holiday projects!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Tina (featuring Forest Tree Stencils)

To create this ornament card, I used shaped dies from my stash. But it works just as great with two nesting circle dies. The biggest die creates our panel and our card base, while the two dies together cut a circular frame. I also had an ornament topper die, but you can add a small rectangle piece as well.

The sky portion of the circular panel was inked with Distress Oxide Saltwater Taffy and I splattered it with white paint droplets to give the illusion of snowflakes. Once this was dry, I stamped the sentiment from the Snowman Kisses stamp set directly onto the panel.

Next, I used Salvaged Patina on the layers of the Forest Trees stencil and fussy cut these tree borders from some Neenah card stock. As extra dimension, I also created two snowbanks from the same Neenah paper.

For a ‘frosted’ look on the snowbanks, I added an opaque white layer with a snow pen and sprinkled some fine white glitter on top. While this was drying, I stamped and die cut my three darling snowmen. Going for a nontraditional color scheme, I colored these cuties with my copics and added a ‘knit’ detail to the hat of the middle snowman. And put in lots of snowdrops with my white gel pen!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Holiday Card by Tina (featuring Forest Tree Stencils)

All the elements were ready, and I could start assembling the shaped card by gluing the trees and snowbanks to the circular panel. Next, I added the panel to the card base and lastly, adhered the circular frame, three snowmen and topper (that was cut from glitter card stock).

To embellish the card, I added a few of the Pure White Jewels scattered around the sentiment. These jewels are my favorite on snowy projects!! I thought it would be fun to include a few small jingle bells from my stash to the ornament topper, using some white thread.

Another sweet Christmas card finished and ready to send in December! Thank you for joining me and happy crafting!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Comic Strip Speech Bubble Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Stamps
Scenic Route Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scenic Route Dies
Scenic Route Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Forest Trees Stencils
Forest Trees Stencils
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Dies
Snowman Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. These are both adorable. Love the colors of the sky in the first one, the card. Very cohesive. Love the scene created in the second one. Both are exceptionally lovely - and the snow spatters add a lot of mood.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv these snowman!!! Sooo cute❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete