Saturday, November 26, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello crafty friends! It's Rachel here and I have a few winter projects to share with you today that feature items from the latest Sunny Studio Stamps Release.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

The first project that I want to share with you features the adorable pup from the Dashing Dachshund stamp set. I created a one-layer slimline card (measuring at 6.5" x 3.5") by using some masking paper to mask my images while I stamped. I made sure to stamp and mask the hats, sweaters, and antlers prior to stamping the dogs so that it looked like they were actually wearing their outfits. For my background sky, I used a blend of Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado

I colored my images with Copic Markers and then added some snowy white accents with both some diluted opaque white paint as well as a size 10 white gel pen to add snow on top of the dogs.

Copic Colors Used:

  • Reds: R14, R46, R89
  • Browns: E41, E43, E44, E47
  • White: 0, C00, C1, C3
Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Snow Flurries, Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

My second project is a set of mini cards using the
 Snowman Kisses Stamp Set and their coordinating dies. I stamped my images onto a piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. For my scalloped background, I die cut some pieces of white card stock using the Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies. I layered each panel with a 3 9/16" x 2 5/16" piece of blue card stock and heat embossed some snowflakes onto them using some Fine Detail White Embossing Powder. I used the Snow Flurries Stamp Set to stamp mine (this set is retiring) but you can easily use the snowflakes that come with the Snowman Kisses Stamp Set if you like!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Snowman Kisses Winter Themed Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Snow Flurries, Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

I also added some stitched snow drifts using the long stitched slope dies from the
 Slimline Nature Borders Die Set. I added all of my snowmen to the cards using some 3D Foam Adhesive Tape for a pop of dimension. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Winter Themed Tags by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

Lastly, I created a trio of simple gift tags using the
 Penguin Party Stamp Set, coordinating dies, and Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies. I layered each tag with some pieces of red card stock and then stamped my sentiment from the Victorian Christmas Stamp Set. I love this sentiment because it fits perfectly and the script is gorgeous!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Penguin Party Winter Themed Tags by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Mini Mat & Tag Dies)

In order to get the red strip at the bottom of my tag, I simply die-cut the tag base from red card stock and then used my paper trimmer to trim off the edge so that I could add it to my white tag base. I once again used Copic Markers to color my images and adhered them with foam adhesive tape for added dimension. 

Copic Colors Used:

  • Reds: R14, R46, R89
  • Black/Penguin: W1, W3, W7, W9
  • Orange: YR68, YR18
  • Green: YG07, YG67
  • White: 0, C00, C1, C3

I hope you enjoyed my projects today! Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by! If you liked these projects and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed! Wishing you all a lovely day! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Snow Flurries Stamps
Snow Flurries Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Victorian Christmas Stamps
Victorian Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Dies
Snowman Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Mini Mat & Tag 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment