Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Dashing Dachshund Cards with Alma and Marie

Hello, my dears, Alma here. This week is Black Friday Week and Sunny Studio Stamps has come up with something special. This cute Dashing Dachshund Stamp set is only available as a free gift with purchase (see details below). 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Holiday Card by Alma Störk (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Cozy Christmas)

I stamped the dog, the hats, the antlers, and the sweater six times and colored them in different colors. I then punched out the images with the associated punches. I chose a square format for the card. I embossed the white cardstock with the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder and punched a round hole in the middle. As a highlight, I placed the Snowflake Circle Frame Die around the circle in brown as decoration. So I created a shaker card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Holiday Card by Alma Störk (featuring Snowflake Circle Frame Dies, Cozy Christmas)

I made a background with the clouds from the
Slimline Nature Border Dies and wiped the sky blue with the Distress Oxides. I then drew the snowflakes with a white gel pen. Now I coloured the Christmas tree from the Cozy Christmas Stamps set and punched it out with the Cozy Christmas Dies. Finally, I glued the foil to the white cardstock and filled the shaker card with snow. Now just stick on the dogs and the black snowflakes from the Snowflake Circle Frame Dies set and they all sing "Running Around the Christmas Tree" together.

-------------------------------------------

Hello Crafty Friends!! Marie here back to share another Holiday Card Inspiration featuring the cutest mini stamp set from Sunny Studio Stamps called Dashing Dachshund. This is such a delightful mini set that's perfect to mix and match with other sets!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Holiday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Holiday Greetings)

As a dog person, I couldn't wait to color this little dachshund and put him in a nighttime scene where he is flying to chase a special holiday candy cane treat from Santa. All good boys get treats every day, especially Christmas! 

To create this card, I started by die-cutting 2 panels from 110lb Neenah Solar White Cardstock. I also cut two more A2-sized panels of pattern paper from the Joyful Holiday 6x6 patterned paper pack. I also used the Subtle Grey Tones 6x6 Paper. The papers used are both grey tones with white print and go so well with my theme! After cutting, I adhered each pattern paper panel to the white cardstock. I then inked the edges of both panels using Distress Oxide in Speckled Egg and Chipped Sapphire. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Holiday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Holiday Greetings)

I then die-cut a dome shape and used a cloud stencil to create my night sky background. I inked my could stencil using Distress Oxide inks in the Color Speckled Egg, Uncharted Mariner, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot for that super dark edge. I then cut out a dome frame using 2 dome dies. I also die-cut some glitter snowflakes to frame the outside of the dome. 

I stamped out my Daschund image using Distress ink in Antique Linen onto watercolor paper. I colored him using Derwent Inktense water-soluble pencils. I used the candy cane element from the Penguin Party stamp set and cut it with the coordinating dies. I cut out the rest of my images using Dashing Dachshund dies. I placed my dachshund in the middle of my card in a flying position so it looked like he was chasing after his candy cane. I glued down my images using adhesive foam strips. I adhered my snowflakes using bearly art precision craft glue. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Holiday Card by Marie Marco (featuring Holiday Greetings)

Moving on to the inside of my card, I used the Holiday Greetings Stamp to stamp out the "Merry Christmas Sentiment" using Candied Apple Distress Ink. I then used the coordinating dies to perfectly cut out my sentiment! I also used sentiments from Penguin Party to finish off my inside greetings. As a finishing touch, I added stars to the front of my card using a white Sakura Gel Pen. 

That does it for my card inspiration! Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you all have a very Happy and Memorable Thanksgiving!!! Until next week, Happy Cardcrafting!! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Lots of Dots Embossing
Lots of Dots Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowflake Circle Frame
Snowflake Circle Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Cozy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cozy Christmas Dies
Cozy Christmas Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Dies
Holiday Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These cards are adorable!! I especially like the dogs in a circle!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete