Monday, November 14, 2022

Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Cards with Cathy and Bobbi

Hey friends! Cathy here today with a card featuring some of my favorite papers from the Joyful Holiday Paper. I just love the beautiful bold poinsettia prints in this paper pack and the colors are so fun and fresh for the Holidays!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Christmas Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Icing Border Dies, Frilly Frame Dies, Rustic Winter Dies, Reindeer Games, Classy Christmas)

To start, I cut the pink poinsettia paper 3” x 5 1/2", centered a Stitched Semi-Circle Die along the bottom 5 1/2" edge and die-cut the paper. I adhered this piece to the top of an A2 card base. I die-cut the gray snowflake paper using the same die. Before I adhered it to the card front, I die-cut a tree from the Rustic Winter Dies from white and dark gray cardstock and adhered the tree to the left side trimming the excess along the top edge of the semi-circle.

Next, I cut the pink polka dot paper 1” x 5 1/2" and adhered it to the bottom of the card front. To create the double scalloped edges, I cut a piece of white glitter cardstock and dark brown cardstock 1 “ x 5 1/2" and die-cut the bottom edge of each piece using the Icing Border Dies. I overlapped the pieces and adhered them across the bottom of the semi-circle. For extra interest, I cut a piece of gray cardstock 5/8” x 5 1/2" and die-cut along the center of the strip using an Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace Die. I adhered this across the top edge of the glitter cardstock. I love that little bit of extra detail.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Christmas Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Icing Border Dies, Frilly Frame Dies, Rustic Winter Dies, Reindeer Games, Classy Christmas)

I stamped the cute reindeer from the Reindeer Games Stamps on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored it with Copics and die-cut it using the coordinating dies. The large poinsettia from the Classy Christmas Stamps goes beautifully with the poinsettia paper and I decided to fussy cut the image and pop it up with foam tape to really make it stand out.

To finish, I die-cut the gray/white plaid paper using the tag die from the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies, heat embossed the sentiment and added a Pure White Jewel over the hole in the tag.

I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram as @cathy.chapdelaine.

---------------------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends. It’s Bobbi here and I’m sharing a few peppermints and shiny candies on this cute gingerbread house covered in fun holiday papersI’m using the Gingerbread House dies with the new Joyful Holiday pattern paper pack and the cute penguins from the Penguin Party stamp set and dies. Inside, I also used one of the sentiments from the Holiday Greetings stamps and dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Christmas Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Penguin Party, Holiday Greetings)

To make this gingerbread house, I cut the elements from the vibrant and coordinating paper from the Joyful Holiday Paper pack and Neenah 80lb. Classic Crest Solar White cardstock for the white elements. I also used a blue-violet color cardstock for the window insets and green and pink for the peppermints, too.  To make the white card base, I scored an 8-1/2″ X 5-1/2″ piece of white cardstock and placed the largest house die on top of the folded cardstock, ensuring the top cutting line (i.e., the rooftop line) was above the folded edge. This keeps the fold line intact and creates a scored card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Christmas Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Penguin Party, Holiday Greetings)

In addition to adding the many cute accent elements from the gingerbread die set, I also applied Pearl Pen (similar to Nuvo Drops) to add red, glossy candies around the roof line and on the bottom. Next, I stamped and colored a cute penguin using the Penguin Party stamp set and dies. I colored the penguin using Copic Sketch markers in 100, C7, C5, C3, C1, YR68, YR09, RV09, RV55 and YG03. I added a garland of red candies between the penguin’s hands, too. I used a white gel pen to add extra “fluff” to the penguin’s Santa hat.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Joyful Holiday Paper Focused Christmas Card by Bobbi Lemanski (featuring Gingerbread House Dies, Penguin Party, Holiday Greetings)

Inside the card, I added an outline of the pink confetti paper (cut out using the two different sizes of house outlines in the die set)two more penguins and a script phrase using the Holiday Greetings stamps and dies. I used blue ink for the script. Using my Copic markers, I added tiny confetti dots of color around the sentiment and penguins to match the pink pattern paper. I kept them tiny so that they would not bleed through the white paper. I used the following Copic Sketch markers to color the penguins: 100, C7, C5, C3, C1, YR68, YR09, RV09, RV55, RV02, R29, and YG03.


Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Gingerbread House Dies
Gingerbread House Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Icing Border DIes
Icing Border DIes
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rustic Winter Dies
Rustic Winter Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Classy Christmas Stamps
Classy Christmas Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Holiday Greetings Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Greetings Dies
Holiday Greetings Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Stamps
Penguin Party Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Penguin Party Dies
Penguin Party Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are all three just SO stinkin' cute! TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete