Monday, November 21, 2022

Dashing Dachshund Cards with Bobbi and Cathy

Greetings, friends! This is Bobbi with a fun holiday card for dog lovers! I have a nephew who has a cute mini dachshund pup. His dog’s name is Murphy and boy is he a ball of energy! Murphy loves to run and fetch his ball. He’s small, but mighty! I found this new set by Sunny Studio Stamps to be so much fun and just reminds me of mini Murphy! It’s called Dashing Dachshund and includes the most adorable pup with accessories. I stamped the dachshund three times and dressed him up in fun headgear that’s included in the set to make three unique dogs. Let’s take a look.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

Dachshunds come in a variety of colors so I made each one of these dashers in a different fur color. I added a sweater to each dog and gave all three different head gear -a set of antlers, a Santa hat and a stocking cap. How cute are they?!  What’s fun is that you can make these sweaters and headgear into anything you please.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

I wanted these pups to look like they were dashing through a big snow hill so I ink-blended Blueprint Sketch and Mermaid Lagoon – two, bold blue colors of Distress Oxide Inks – on the top of my 5″ X 7″ card to create the sky. Using white ink, I stamped a few snowflakes and splattered on some Dr. PH Marten's White Ink for falling snow in the sky. This vivid sky becomes a delightful backdrop to these adorable dogs. I kept the bottom of my card-front white to create a BIG snow hill. It was also the perfect place to add the sentiment from the set, too.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Bobbi Lemanski

This is a very quick card. Consider tailoring the dog(s) to the recipient and ink blend away the backgrounds in fun sky colors. Add sweaters that mimic sports jerseys, ugly sweaters or Santa’s clothes. You’ve got this card done in no time for the holidays! This dog would make a cute tag, too!

Thanks for stopping by today. If you want to see more ideas and inspiration from me, subscribe to my blog, BobbiHartDesign.com. I’ll send you updates on new posts! You can also find me on Instagram as @BobbiHartDesign and on Facebook as BobbiHartDesign.


------------------------------------------------


Hey friends! Cathy here today with a card featuring the adorable Dashing DachshundStampsMy very first dog was a dachshund, and we had a reindeer antler headband that she actually didn’t mind wearing on Christmas Day, so I just really love this set!


Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Santa Claus Lane, Slimline Dies, Winter Scenes)

To start, I die-cut a piece of white cardstock using the frame portion of the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies and heat-embossed the sentiment at the top. I then inked the top of the piece with Speckled Egg and Saltwater Taffy Distress inks and adhered it to an A2 card front.


Next, I die-cut a piece of Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock using the same die and stamped the trees/houses stamp from the Winter Scenes Stamps across the top. I colored the scene with Copic markers and die-cut the top edge using the coordinating dies. I adhered this piece to the card front.


For the snow drifts, I die-cut another piece of white cardstock with the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil Dies to keep a continuous stitched look on the card front. I die-cut the piece twice using a Slimline Nature Borders Die and adhered them to the bottom of the card. One piece is approximately 2” x 5 1/2" and the other is 1” x 5 1/2".


Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Cathy Chapdelaine (featuring Santa Claus Lane, Slimline Dies, Winter Scenes)

I stamped the dachshunds, sweaters, and antlers separately on Neenah Classic Crest 80lb solar white cardstock, colored them with Copics, and fussy cut them out. Of course, to have them pulling a sleigh, they needed reindeer collars. The collar from the Reindeer Games Stamps fits perfectly!


To finish, I stamped the sleigh and gifts from the Santa Claus Lane Stamps, colored them with Copics, and die-cut them using the coordinating dies. I adhered it overlapping the right edge and trimmed the excess with scissors. I used brown embroidery floss for the reins.


I hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by today! For more inspiration, please visit my blog www.inkredibleadventures.com and you can also find me on Instagram at @cathy.chapdelaine. 


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Santa Claus Lane Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Santa Claus Lane Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Stamps
Winter Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Winter Scenes Dies
Winter Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Stamps
Reindeer Games Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Reindeer Games Dies
Reindeer Games Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. These are both delightful cards. Love the punny sentiment!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete