Thursday, November 24, 2022

Dashing Dachshund Cards with Marine and Waleska

Hey crafty friends, Marine here, Happy Thanksgiving! I'm so happy to be back on the blog with a pop-up card showcasing the ever-so-cute and fun Dashing Dachshund stamp set. My card features three lovely pups running in the snowy grass, and to complete my scene, I also picked the tree from Holiday Express.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Holiday Express)

I started off by building the pop-up card. I cut the back panel, the front + side pieces, and the grass borders out of white cardstock, the decorative pieces out of three different papers from the 
Joyful Holiday paper pack, and white heat embossed my "Dachshund through the snow" greeting from DashingDachshund on the long decorative strip that goes on the front.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Holiday Express)

I stamped the images on white paper using alcohol marker-friendly black ink: three dachshunds, three sweaters, as well as three hats + many trees, and I stamped each sweater a second time on pattern papers from the Joyful Holiday paper pack. I colored the images using my alcohol markers, and for the sweaters I used light grey shades to bring a little bit of shadows to those images.

Once the coloring was done, I fussy cut each sweater, stuck them on the non-colored sweaters, and then attached them on the dachshunds.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Holiday Express)

I added highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and next, I attached the images inside the box. To do a nice and clean job, with no oozing glue on the grass borders, I first attached each image to an acetate strip and then stuck the acetate strips inside the box at the back of the grass borders. Feel free to check the video to visualize the process more easily (click the image below)!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Marine Simon (featuring Holiday Express)

And that's it! Love those cute little guys, they're just so fun! If you and your family celebrate it, I'm wishing you a very happy Thanksgiving, I hope you have a nice day. Thank you so much for stopping by, and see you next time!

------------------------------------------------

Hello there, Waleska here! Today I have two good friends happy to see each other again on the winter season. For my card today I used the Snowman Kisses and the Dashing Dachshund stamps. 


Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Rustic Winter Dies, Snowman Kisses)

The first thing I did was the snowy background, I used oxide inks in colors Bundle Sage and Evergreen Bough I used water, sparkly watercolor, and white acrylic paint to create the snow.

I then cut some birch trees from the Rustic Winter Dies, the top of the tree is white and the back is kraft cardstock. I cut a snowy hill and I added some chunky glitter.  I stamped and colored the cute snowman and doggy ready to reunite in this cute scene.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Dashing Dachshund Winter Themed Holiday Card by Waleska Galindo (featuring Rustic Winter Dies, Snowman Kisses)

I finally added some little hearts and the sentiment to this panel, and used a kraft and red card bases.  This little scene is my favorite! Sunny Studio stamps are so amazing that you can mix and match them on all your projects. Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful rest of your week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Holiday Express Stamps
Holiday Express Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Holiday Express Dies
Holiday Express Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rustic Winter Dies
Rustic Winter Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Snowman Kisses Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Snowman Kisses Dies
Snowman Kisses Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Joyful Holiday Paper
Joyful Holiday Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, SS, Marine and Waleska - These are fantastic! So cute and colorful!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete