Thursday, April 7, 2022

Out on a Limb Cards with Anja and Marine

Hi everyone, Anja here and today I'm featuring the Out on a Limb Dies which go perfectly with the Cherry Blossoms layering stamp set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out on a Limb Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Cherry Blossoms)

First, I cut and scored a white A2 landscape card base. From the right bottom corner, I started blending the Distress Oxide Inks Salvaged Patina and Tumbled Glass in circular motions. I let it fade into white and added small ink splatters with a paint brush.

I cut out a window opening from another A2 white cardstock panel using the largest of the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies. The sentiment was stamped in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Gold embossing powder.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out on a Limb Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Cherry Blossoms)

Next, I die cut the tree branch and leaves from brown and green cardstock. I added a little shading with a darker tone of ink. The cherry blossoms were stamped with dye inks and I heat embossed the pistils in Gold. I used the coordinating dies to cut everything out.

I adhered the branch, leaves and blossoms to the card and finished it off with three white Pure White Jewels.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------

Hey crafty friends, Marine here, I'm back with a magical slimline card featuring an enchanted tree I created using Out on a Limb. I also brought more magic to my card by adding three cute fairies from Garden Fairy, and I started off by stamping those images using an alcohol marker friendly black ink and coloring them using my alcohol markers. I cut them all using the coordinating dies, and moved on to the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out on a Limb Card by Marine Simon (featuring Garden Fairy, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I cut an 8,5 x 3,5" bristol panel, taped a hill stencil at the bottom and created a night sky using blueprint sketch, chipped sapphire and black soot oxide inks. I applied the colors from the lightest at the bottom to the darkest towards the top of the panel, and as always I went back and forth with my blending tools to get a nice blending. Next I added a whole lot of texture and details to make this night sky all shiny with many stars. And to finish my background, I added tumbled glass oxide ink on the bottom part.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out on a Limb Card by Marine Simon (featuring Garden Fairy, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

Next I created the enchanted tree. I cut all the pieces out of different colored cardstock, and added shadows to each element using distress inks.

To sum up, the tree trunk + leaves are from Out On A Limb, I used clouds coordinating dies from Balloons Rides to make the foliage, butterflies coordinating dies from Bunnyville, and created flowers using dies from Pristine Poinsettia + Botanical Backdrop. Once all the pieces were done, I assembled the tree on my night sky panel using liquid glue and foam squares.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out on a Limb Card by Marine Simon (featuring Garden Fairy, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I like to create custom sentiments, so I did it again on today's card. I created the word "Fairy" using the Chloe Alphabet die set, and picked some words from different sets to build my phrase: "Sending You" + "Wishes" from Happy Harvest, "Kisses" + "&" from Harvest Mice, and "Magical" from Garden Fairy. I stamped the words and attached the letters at the bottom of my card to read "Sending you fairy kisses & magical wishes", and then I stuck the fairies and wands.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out on a Limb Card by Marine Simon (featuring Garden Fairy, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

At the end I stamped a few grass sprigs from Harvest Mice on the bottom part using blueprint sketch oxide ink, I added white details and highlights on the images and die cuts, and finally added some clear glitter on the fairies wings. And that's it, I hope that you like this magical scene with this enchanted tall tree and cute fairies. As always, you are more than welcome to check the process video if you need more details and information - just click on the image above. Thanks for stopping by, and see you next time! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Happy Harvest Stamps
Happy Harvest Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Botanical Backdrop Die
Botanical Backdrop Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Stamps
Garden Fairy Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Garden Fairy Dies
Garden Fairy Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Pristine Poinsettia Dies
Pristine Poinsettia Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cherry Blossoms Stamps
Cherry Blossoms Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cherry Blossoms Dies
Cherry Blossoms Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Out on A Limb Dies
Out on A Limb Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment