Saturday, April 30, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Baby Elephant & Wedded Bliss Cards with Rachel Alvarado

Hello everyone! It's Rachel here and I'm thrilled to be guest designing today with the latest Sunny Studios Stamps release. I absolutely LOVE this new release and I've created a number of projects to quickly share with you today.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Wedded Bliss Cards by Rachel Alvarado

All of my images for each project were stamped onto a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110lb Card Stock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, colored with Copic Markers, and die cut (when needed) with their coordinating die sets.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Slimline Dies)

For my first three projects, I used the adorable new Baby Elephants Stamp Set along with the Baby Elephants Die Set. For my first project, I created a slimline card by combining my images with the Slimline Scalloped Frame Die Set as well as the Slimline Nature Border Dies. I die cut my grass piece from some smooth white card stock and blended it with some Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide Ink for a pop of green. I also blended my background sky with a mix of Salvaged Patina and Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide Inks. After stamping my sentiment, I adhered all of my images with some 3D foam adhesive squares for added dimension.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Card by Rachel Alvarado

For my next project, I created a fun one-layered card using only one elephant and the umbrella from the set. I first stamped my elephant onto a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of Neenah Solar White 110lb Card Stock and then stamped it again onto a piece of Gina K Designs Masking Magic Sheets. I then fussy cut my masking piece and then placed the adhesive mask over my elephant prior to stamping the umbrella. I then masked the umbrella and blended the background with some Stormy Sky, Blueprint Sketch, and Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Inks. I used a water brush to loosely "paint" in some rain and then added some white accents using a white gel pen to emphasize the rain. My sentiment came from the Spring Showers Stamp Set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Baby Elephant Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Stitched Circle Large Dies)

My third project is another one-layer scene that I die cut using the scalloped die from the Frilly Frames Hexagon Die Set. I then adhered this piece to an A2 sized dark blue card base. For my image itself, I used the same masking method that I used above and die cut a Stitched Circle Large from another piece of masking paper. I then placed this handmade stencil on top of my masked elephant and blended the circular area with Cracked Pistachio, Picked Raspberry, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot Distress Inks to create a galaxy sky. Once I was finished blending, I lightly splattered the ink-blended area with some diluted opaque white acrylic paint to resemble stars.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Wedded Bliss Card by Rachel Alvarado (featuring Passionate Penguins, Ocean View, Seasonal Trees, Slimline Dies, Love Monkey)

Lastly, I created a fun mini slimline box card from scratch to create a beach-themed wedding scene. I combined the new Wedded Bliss Stamp Set and Wedded Bliss Die Set along with the Passionate Penguins Stamp and Die Sets. I love how easily these sets coordinate with each other! I also used the new Ocean View Stamp Set and Ocean View Die Set to create my background and added another palm tree from the Seasonal Trees Stamps and Dies. I also used the Slimline Nature Border Dies again to create some sandy beach slopes for the inside of my box card. For these pieces, I cut them from white card stock and blended them with some Antique Linen Distress Oxide Ink. I blended some Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide Ink for my sky and lastly added a cute little bouquet of flowers (caught by the adorable penguin on the lower right) from the Love Monkey Stamps and Dies.

Thanks so much for dropping by today! I hope you enjoyed my projects! You can check out the entire, amazing new release from Sunny Studio Stamps HERE. If you liked these cards and want some more crafty inspiration, please feel free to check out my INSTAGRAM feed!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Love Monkey Stamps
Love Monkey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Love Monkey Dies
Love Monkey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Seasonal Trees Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Seaonal Trees Dies
Seaonal Trees Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Frilly Frames Hexagon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Stamps
Baby Elephants Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Baby Elephants Dies
Baby Elephants Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Dies
Ocean View Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wedded Bliss Stamps
Wedded Bliss Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wedded Bliss Dies
Wedded Bliss Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment