Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Country Carnival Cards with Alma and Gladys

Hi, Alma here and I feel so honored to join this gorgeous Sunny Studio Stamps DT for the next months. I created my first card with the brand new Country Carnival Stamps

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Alma Maier (featuring Wedded Bliss, Frilly Frame Dies)

I stamped the Ferris wheel, the tent and the carousel and coloured them with shades of red and brown. Then I blended the background with Distress Inks. I cut the stamps with the Country Carnival Dies and created a background with the three motifs. After that I added a vellum over the background to get a soft background. Then I used the frame of Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Card by Alma Maier (featuring Wedded Bliss, Frilly Frame Dies)

Finally I stamped and coloured the penguins of the set Wedded Bliss and the bench of the set Spring Scene Stamps and added them in front of the card.

-----------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Gladys here with a new project using brand new stamps and dies from the summer release!! There are lots of fun designs in this release perfect for summer. I know you will absolutely love them as much as I do!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Birthday Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Slimline Dies)

For my card today I used the new stamp set called Country Carnival. It has everything you need to create a carnival theme and I can think of other stamps that will go well with this set. I started by stamping the images on 110lb cardstock and colored them with Copic markers. I think it's helpful to have the coordinating dies with this set since the images are very detailed. For example the die will cut in between the spokes of the ferris wheel. Personally it looks a lot cleaner with the dies than having to fussy cut in between them.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Birthday Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Slimline Dies)

Next I used the Slimline Scalloped Frame die to cut from Bristol smooth cardstock. I used tape to mask off along the edges then I ink blended the panel with distress oxide inks. I chose the colors picked raspberry, abandoned coral and scattered straw for my background. To add interest I used a small fan brush to add water droplets and diluted picked raspberry to add splatters. I also use the Slimline Scalloped Frame die to cut from dark gray cardstock and trimmed off the scallop edge.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Country Carnival Birthday Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Slimline Dies)

I assembled my scene and used liquid glue to adhere them onto the panel. To add a little bit of dimension I used the coordinating dies to cut from white cardstock to glue behind the colored images. I think this is a good alternative if you don't want to use foam tape. Also because I didn't want to have to cut foam tapes in tiny pieces especially for the ferris wheel and balloon strings. For the sentiment I white heat embossed it on black cardstock. Finally I used glossy accents for the balloons and star dust stickles for the cotton candy, unicorns and star.  

I hope you like my carnival theme card. All of the products are now available in the shop so go check it out. I appreciate you joining me and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Spring Scenes Stamps
Spring Scenes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Scenes Dies
Spring Scenes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Stamps
Country Carnival Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Country Carnival Dies
Country Carnival Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wedded Bliss Stamps
Wedded Bliss Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Wedded Bliss Dies
Wedded Bliss Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, SS and Alma and Gladys - These cards are adorable. Alma, thanks for revealing that you used vellum. I thought I was overtired LOL. It looks cool and makes the penguin pair pop. Love both cards and TFS -
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete