Thursday, April 14, 2022

Designers Choice Cards with Marine and Anja

Hello crafty friends, Marine here with you today with two super cute mini slimline cards featuring a bunny mom with her bunny kids and a panda dad with his panda kids.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Critters on the Go Mother's Day Father's Day Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Picket Fence Border Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies, Words Of Gratitude)

I started by stamping the images using an alcohol marker friendly black ink. I stamped the bunny from Critters on the Go, as well as the bear on the scooter two times. I turned one of the bears into a panda, and used the bunny head to turn the other bear into a bunny. I also stamped the bunny heads and bear heads from Balloon Rides, the cart from Harvest Mice and some tiny bows from Spring Showers.

I colored all the images using my alcohol markers. And to make the pandas, I first divided the bear bodies and heads into several parts using a pencil, next I used a black memento pen to trace over those lines, and I colored the legs, arms, ears and eyes in black, leaving the remaining parts white.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Critters on the Go Mother's Day Father's Day Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Picket Fence Border Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies, Words Of Gratitude)

After the coloring, I created two identical mini slimline backgrounds. I cut two 6 x 3 inches bristol panels and created a cloudy sky on each panel using a cloud stencil from my stash along with tumbled glass and salty ocean oxide inks.

Next I cut a 6 x 3 inches panel out of a green pattern paper from the Spring Fling paper pack, and used the grass border die from Picket Fence to cut two grass borders out of this green pattern paper. And I attached a grass border on each panel using foam squares.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Critters on the Go Mother's Day Father's Day Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Picket Fence Border Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies, Words Of Gratitude)

I cut some letters using the Chloe Alphabet die set to make the words "Mom" and "Dad", I also stamped the second part of my sentiment on each panel, "Thanks for always being there" from Words of Gratitude, and then I attached the images using a combination of glue dots and foam squares to stick the biggest images and liquid glue for the smallest ones such as the tiny bows.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Critters on the Go Mother's Day Father's Day Cards by Marine Simon (featuring Balloon Rides, Picket Fence Border Dies, Chloe Alphabet Dies, Words Of Gratitude)

And that's it! I hope those two lovely mini cards will inspire you to create your own Mother's day and Father's day cards. You can watch the process video for more details (just click on the image above). Thanks for stopping by and see you next time!

---------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone, Anja here and sadly, this will be my last post as a member of the Sunny Studio Creative Team. Today's card is dedicated to Mendi, the owner of this wonderful company. Thank you so much for having me! I had a blast designing cards with your adorable products for over 3 years.


I combined some Spring Release and previously released products for my final card. Of course I had to use one of the cute Passionate Penguins again!

I started off with a white A2 top folding card base and masked off the bottom to create an ink blended background with Distress Oxides. I mixed Cracked Pistachio and Salvaged Patina to achieve a beautiful mint color which fades downward into Tattered Rose. For the ground I blended on a bit of Pumice Stone ink.

Next, I stamped the row of houses, trees and lamp post (Charming City Stamps) as well as the penguin in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I cut them out with the coordinating dies. The Eiffel Tower from the Paris Afternoon set was stamped in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Liquid Platinum embossing powder.


I cut the 'thank you' word die included in the Slimline Scalloped Frame Dies set from white cardstock and combined it with a black stamped Words of Gratitude sub sentiment. Finally, I assembled the card and added two enamel hearts in matching colors.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a beautiful day!


Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Stamps
Spring Showers Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Spring Fling Paper
Spring Fling Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Stamps
Harvest Mice Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Harvest Mice Dies
Harvest Mice Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Showers Dies
Spring Showers Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Critters on the Go Stamps
Critters on the Go Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Dies
Critters on the Go Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Dies
Charming City Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
VersaMark Watermark Ink
VersaMark Watermark Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Dear Marine and Anja and SS -
    All of these cards are just so dear - very sweet!! Anja, I am sorry to see you go. Your card's color scheme is super-fresh and springy.
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete