Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Fintastic Friends Cards with Kavya and Mendi

Hey folks! Kavya here! I am super excited to start playing with the new Summer release :) There are so many awesome products and I cannot stop finding inspiration all around me. Today’s card is based on one of my favorite themes - Oceans and it’s gorgeous floral and fauna. There is so much opportunity for color here and there is no right or wrong. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends Card by Kavya (featuring Magical Mermaids, Ocean View)

I first started off by creating my background using a pale blue colored cardstock. I ink blended using Blueprint, Mermaid Lagoon and Peacock Feathers distress oxide ink. I also added some sun rays entering the water from a side using a generic sun ray stencil. Then, I splattered some water and white paint to give the look of bubbles! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Fintastic Friends Card by Kavya (featuring Magical Mermaids, Ocean View)

Later, I colored a bunch of images from the new Fintastic Friends and Ocean View stamp sets. From the older releases, I used the Magical Mermaid stamp (It’s retiring soon so grab it before it’s gone!). Adhered them to the background using foam and added a sentiment to finish off my card :) 

That’s it folks! I hope you liked this project :) Check back tomorrow for more inspiration! Happy Crafting!

-------------------------------------------

Hello there!  It's Mendi here today, filling in for Isha, with a card showcasing the Fintastic Friends Stamps. I started my card by using a piece of patterned paper with waves from our Summer Splash Paper pack, trimming the top with our retired Sunny Border Dies. A similar look can be achieved by simply cutting along the top of the wave print with your scissors.

To set my scene I mixed in plants from both our Best Fishes Stamps and our new Fintastic Friends set with some of seashells and clouds from our new Ocean View Stamps. I tried to narrow my Copic marker choices to a limited color palette to have my seashells, jellyfish and octopus all compliment each other with a bit of a pearlescent look by blending pinks, lavenders and pale aqua blues.

Sunny Studio Punny Birthday Card (using Fintastic Friends, Ocean View & Best Fishes Stamps, Summer Splash Paper, Slimline Nature Border Dies)

For my punny greeting, I stamped my sentiment from the Fintastic Friends Stamps using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Hero Arts White Detail Embossing Powder. Lastly, I added some bubbles using our Clear Drops Mix, which I adhered to my card using Ranger Multi Matte Medium, to add a little shine and dimension to my otherwise flat card.

Sunny Studio Punny Birthday Card (using Fintastic Friends, Ocean View & Best Fishes Stamps, Summer Splash Paper, Slimline Nature Border Dies)

That wraps up our shares for the day. Thanks so much for joining us! I hope we've inspired you in your Summer cardmaking endeavors.

Supplies Used:

Best Fishes Stamps
Best Fishes Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Best Fishes Dies
Best Fishes Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Summer Splash 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Fintastic Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

Ocean View Stamps
Ocean View Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Ocean View Dies
Ocean View Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Hero Arts White Detail
Hero Arts White Detail
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Clear Drops Mix
Clear Drops Mix
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fintastic Friends Dies
Fintastic Friends Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
VersaMark Watermark Ink
VersaMark Watermark Ink
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Multi Medium Matte
Multi Medium Matte
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Dies
Magical Mermaid Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Magical Mermaid Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment: