Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Paris Afternoon Cards by Gladys and Franci

Hello friends! Gladys here with this beautiful Paris scene combining lots of products from the latest release.  First let me provide all the stamp sets I used: Paris AfternoonCharming CityPassionate Penguins, and Bunnyville.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Passionate Penguins, Charming City, Bunnyville)

As you know, I love creating scenes on my card and I was so happy that this card turned out the way I picture it in my head. I knew I wanted to use the adorable penguins in a car and I imagined them cruising down a road in Paris on a beautiful afternoon.

To begin I started with an A2 size panel and masked along the stitched lines to give a nice white border once the ink blending is done. I masked off about a ¼” of the panel for the sky.  I admit I used way more inks than I intended for such a small area but I love the soft pastel palette. The distress oxide inks I used were blueprint sketch, salvaged patina, saltwater taffy and scattered straw. For the grass, I used a combination of mowed lawn and shabby shutters.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Gladys Marcelino (featuring Passionate Penguins, Charming City, Bunnyville)

Next I stamped and colored the images with alcohol markers. Then used the matching dies to cut them out. I used My Favorite Things open road die to cut from gray cardstock and glued white cardstock to fill the open spaces. I arranged all the images and adhered them with liquid glue or foam tape for dimension. To complete the card I white heat embossed the sentiment onto black cardstock.

Thanks for joining me. I hope you enjoyed this sweet little Parisian scene. Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------------

Hi there! It's Franci here with you today and I'm so happy to finally share my project featuring the Paris Afternoon set. Aww look at these cuties! I love them so much!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Franci Vignoli (featuring Stitched Heart Dies)

First of all I created my card base out of white cardstock, cut out a matching panel and die cut it with the Stitched Hearts 2 Dies. I added an ink blended piece of cardstock behind the heart window and I glued everything down to the front of my card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Franci Vignoli (featuring Stitched Heart Dies)

I stamped the images, colored them with copics and die cut them with their coordinated diesI glued them down with foam adhesive and I added all the little hearts I die cut out of red cardstock with a die included in the Stitched Hearts 2 dies set. Finally I stamped my sentiment in pink and added some clear sequins. 

I love this card so so much and I hope you like it too! Thanks for stopping by and happy crafting! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Dies
Charming City Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Gladys and Franci - These are so stinkin' cute! My French-teacher heart loves them!! If you have not been able to see the Tour Eiffel in person, I recommend it highly. It takes your breath away with its enormity. It's incredible!!
    Have a great day!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete