Thursday, March 10, 2022

Cherry Blossoms Cards with Marine

Hi crafty friends, Marine here, today I'm featuring the gorgeous Cherry Blossoms stamp set on a pretty and elegant shaker card. I started off by stamping all the flowers, and to help me in this task, I followed the numbers on the stamp set, as well as the guide on the Cherry Blossoms page.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Paris Afternoon, Quilted Heart Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies)

I used distress oxide inks to create the flowers: spun sugar, worn lipstick, festive berries and aged mahogany, and Lawn Fawn inks for the stems. Feel welcome to check the video below to watch the whole layering process.

Once all the flowers were done, I moved on to the background. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" panel out of a raspberry pink cardstock and I added details and texture on this plain panel using the Quilted Heart Portrait die. And then I attached my panel on a white panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Paris Afternoon, Quilted Heart Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies)

Next I created the shaker. I used the second Stitched Arch die to cut a window out of my panel. I applied liquid glue at the back, attached a piece of acetate, and next I added foam strips at the back of the panel, as well as all around the arch window.

I added sequins and jewels inside the window, and attached a light pink panel on the foam strips to totally close the shaker panel. Next I cut the Eiffel tower using the coordinating die from Paris Afternoon and attached it in the middle of the arch window using foam squares, and stuck flowers at the bottom of the arch.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Paris Afternoon, Quilted Heart Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies)

I added more flowers at the top on each side of the arch window, and for my sentiment, I die cut a red banner using a die from Stitched Rectangles, and white heat embossed the phrase "Thinking of you" from Critters on the Go. I tucked the banner under the flowers at the bottom, and finally I added a few clear jewels here and there for an extra touch of shine. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Shaker Card by Marine Simon (featuring Paris Afternoon, Quilted Heart Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies)

And that's it! I hope you like this sweet and elegant Cherry Blossoms in Paris shaker card. I hope you'll check out my video tutorial by clicking the image above. Thanks for stopping by and see you next week! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Arch Dies
Stitched Arch Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cherry Blossoms Stamps
Cherry Blossoms Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cherry Blossoms Dies
Cherry Blossoms Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Stamps
Critters on the Go Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment