Friday, March 4, 2022

Out On A Limb Cards with Audrey and Vanessa

Hello friends! Audrey here with a fun card to share with you using the Out on a Limb die set, which pairs perfectly with the newly released Little Birdie stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out On a Limb Card by Audrey Tokach (featuring Little Birdie)

To create my card, I started off with a piece of white cardstock cut to 4" x 5.25". I used a cloud stencil from my stash and some Broken China Distress Ink to add a sky to the left top 2/3 of the panel, fading the clouds out toward the right and bottom of the panel. I die cut the branch from the Out on a Limb die set from woodgrain cardstock and inked it with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. The leaves were cut from green cardstock and inked with Mowed Lawn Distress Ink. I glued them down with a glue pen, and stamped and colored images from the Little Birdie stamp set, which I then die cut with the coordinating Little Birdie dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out On a Limb Card by Audrey Tokach (featuring Little Birdie)

I arranged my scene, and adhered some elements flat and popped others up with foam tape. Before popping the panel up on an A2 card base, I added a strip of red heart paper from the Rainbow Bright 6x6 paper pad. To finish off the card, I added some white gel pen accents and a few tiny clay hearts for some added pops of red.

------------------------------------------

Hello to you! Vanessa here with a "miss you" card using the lovely Out on a Limb dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out On a Limb Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Paris Afternoon, Little Birdie, Scalloped Fence Dies, Picket Fence Border Dies)

I first trimmed a panel of white cardstock slightly smaller than my card base and inked it with Cracked Pistachio and Pine Needles Distress Oxide inks. Now I die-cut the tree tops using the cloud border from Slimline Nature Borders dies, inked them and adhered them to the top of the card. I added the fence cut with the Scalloped Fence dies and a grassy border from the Picket Fence Border dies

Sunny Studio Stamps: Out On a Limb Card by Vanessa Menhorn (featuring Paris Afternoon, Little Birdie, Scalloped Fence Dies, Picket Fence Border Dies)

Then I die-cut the tree branch and the leaves, colored these with Copic markers and adhered them to the card with foam tape. I stamped the bike from Paris Afternoon and the bird from Little Birdie, colored the images with Copics, die-cut the pieces with the matching dies and adhered the elements with foam tape. Finally, I stamped the sentiment from Critters on the Go onto a strip of red cardstock, heat-embossed it with white embossing powder, trimmed the strip and adhered it to the card.

This tree branch die is such a fun addition to the scene-building dies. I hope you like it, too! Thanks for stopping by today, have a wonderful weekend!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Picket Fence Border Dies
Picket Fence Border Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Fence Die
Scalloped Fence Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Stamps
Critters on the Go Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Stamps
Little Birdie Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Little Birdie Dies
Little Birdie Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Out on A Limb Dies
Out on A Limb Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my word!! These are so delightful! I love all the green on the second card - the tree is beautifully conceived and executed!! And I adore Audrey's sweet birdhouse/ bird day card. Too tweet!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete