Saturday, March 12, 2022

Guest Designer Spotlight: Bunnyville Cards with Megan Quinn

Hello! This is Megan Quinn and I am thrilled to be guest designing for Sunny Studio Stamps today! I have created two projects to share with you featuring the Bunnyville Stamp Set. This set is packed full of the sweetest little bunnies and accessories that are perfect for scene building or creating a more cute and simple design. I really love the beautiful script sentiment too!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bunnyville Card by Megan Quinn (featuring Quilted Heart Dies)

For my first card, I stamped images from Bunnyville using alcohol friendly ink onto white cardstock and colored them using Copic Markers. I then used the coordinating dies to cut the images out. 

Next, I ink blended a scene for the bunnies to frolic about in. Using dye inks and a blending brush, I created an adorable little farm. I stamped the sentiment using the same ink that I stamped the bunnies with once the panel was completely dry. Using, liquid glue and glue dots, I adhered the images to the focal panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bunnyville Card by Megan Quinn (featuring Quilted Heart Dies)

For the backdrop, I used the Quilted Hearts Portrait Die. It die cuts such a pretty pattern that allows you to layer cardstock behind to give a beautiful contrasting color to compliment any design. I added a bit of ink blending the edges to give the kraft cardstock a bit more depth and interest.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bunnyville Card by Megan Quinn (featuring Sliding Window Dies)

My second project combines one of my favorite interactive die sets, the Sliding Window Dies. It creates a fun, interactive element that will still travel through the mail well. 

I started this design just like the first one by stamping images from Bunnyville, coloring them using Copic Markers, and using the coordinating dies. I then die cut the pieces needed to make the sliding window mechanism from white cardstock. I chose to ink blend this project as well to avoid having layers that would interfere with the sliding motion of the window.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bunnyville Card by Megan Quinn (featuring Sliding Window Dies)

After the panels dried, I adhered the images using liquid glue to the front panel. I was careful to only adhere the images close to the center fold line below where the window folds up. This allows the images to stand up once the slider is pulled. I also stamped the sentiment on the back panel before attaching the front panel with foam adhesive.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bunnyville Card by Megan Quinn (featuring Sliding Window Dies)

For even more fun, I used thin strips of acetate to suspend one of the butterflies and the carrot balloon. This is such an easy technique and really adds that extra wow factor. I have found that glue dots work really well to attach the strips to the images.

Thank you so much for spending time with me today! I hope that you enjoyed seeing my projects featuring Bunnyville. I hope that you have a fantastic day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Sliding Window Dies
Sliding Window Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Stamps
Bunnyville Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bunnyville Dies
Bunnyville Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment