Monday, February 14, 2022

Paris Afternoon Travelers Notebook & Card with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a different kind of project for you this week! I am leaving for a family trip to France and Monaco soon, and I thought the Paris Afternoon and Charming City sets would be perfect to help me decorate a traveler's notebook for the trip! I've never done a traveler's notebook before, so it won't be perfect, but I'm learning as I go!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Travelers Notebook by Ashley Ebben (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Bursting Heart Dies, Fluffy Clouds, Frilly Frame Dies)

I started by making my "title" page. The traveler's notebook I purchased from Amazon came with three inserts, and I decided to use the dot grid one to start with. I am mostly going to be using this as a travel journal, so the grid will help me keep my writing straight! I blended Distress Oxide inks in PIcked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean along the side for a rainbow gradient. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Travelers Notebook by Ashley Ebben (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Bursting Heart Dies, Fluffy Clouds, Frilly Frame Dies)

I stamped the Eiffel Tower stamp from Paris Afternoon in VersaMark ink near the center of the page and embossed with gold glitter. I added a few clouds cut from white glitter cardstock with the Fluffy Clouds die, and some leftover pink hearts from last week's Bursting Hearts card. I finished the page by trying my hand at a bit of lettering. Unfortunately, my pen smeared a bit so I'll need to find something else for the trip, but I'm happy with the overall look!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Travelers Notebook by Ashley Ebben (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Bursting Heart Dies, Fluffy Clouds, Frilly Frame Dies)

For the next page, I made a spread to use for our first day in Monaco. On one side, I used the center piece of Frilly Frames - Chevron on a piece of white cardstock blended with the same Distress Oxides I used on the first page - Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean. I glued the middle pieces to the page and saved the outside piece for another day. I decided this would be a good spot for a photo for my daughter as a world traveler, so I added a few extra gold hearts from Bursting Hearts to frame where it will go. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Travelers Notebook by Ashley Ebben (featuring Chloe Alphabet Dies, Bursting Heart Dies, Fluffy Clouds, Frilly Frame Dies)

On the opposite page, I stamped the 'bonjour" from Paris Afternoon in black ink. The page looked a bit plain, so I grabbed those same three Distress Oxide colors to add a rainbow to the top of the page. I used the Chloe Alphabet dies on gold glitter cardstock to spell out "Monaco" and added them under the "bonjour." I finished with some accents with my white gel pen to add more interest. When we are on our trip, I will have my hp Sprocket printer to print adhesive photos from my phone to add to the pages as we go. Hopefully, this will help us remember everything we did!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Next week, I will have another page using the Charming City set along with a little peek at what I am bringing along on the trip to document as we go. Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------

Hello and happy Monday. Mayra here to share this card with you today using the Paris Afternoon stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Quilted Heart Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Stitched Circle Dies)

I began by die-cutting the base layer using the Quilted Hearts Portrait die. Next, I used the circle from the Stitched Circles Small die set and the Scalloped Circle Mat 1 die set to die-cut the scalloped and stitched circle for the center of the card. I then colored the image from the Paris Afternoon stamp set using Copic markers. I used BG0000, G00, G02, BG13, BG11, C9, C5, C3, E84, E35, and E31.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Quilted Heart Dies, Scalloped Circle Mat Dies, Stitched Circle Dies)

I then stamped the sentiment from the Critters On the Go and the Charming City stamp sets onto a banner die. I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Frilly Frames Chevron Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Fluffy Clouds Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Scalloped Circle Mat 1 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Stamps
Critters on the Go Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Great projects, ladies. Monaco and Paris are so lovely. Be sure to visit the church where Princess Grace was married. Enjoy!!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete