Thursday, February 24, 2022

Paris Afternoon Cards with Anja and Marine

Hi everyone, Anja here with you today. I'm already looking forward to spring! So I created a scene with the Paris Afternoon Stamps. Sweet "Madame Poodle" is dreaming of a picnic at the park.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Charming City, Stitched Semi-Circle Dies)

First, I used the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil stitched rectangle die to cut out a full-size A2 mat from the Subtle Grey Tones sunburst paper. I adhered it to a top folding landscape card base.

For my pastel background, I did some ink blending with Distress Oxides (Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Milled Lavender and Spun Sugar) onto a piece of Bristol cardstock. I stamped the arch image from the Charming City set in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it with Salvaged Patina Distress Embossing Glaze.

On another Bristol cardstock strip, I blended together Bundled Sage and Rustic Wilderness Distress Oxide Ink for the grass. At the top I used the the grass border die included in the Comic Strip Everyday Dies set. I die cut both ink blended pieces with the largest of the Stitched Semi-Circle Dies and layered the grass border over the background.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Anja Bytyqi (featuring Charming City, Stitched Semi-Circle Dies)

Next, I stamped the images (the trees are from Charming City and Critters on the Go) in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored them with Copic Markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut everything out. The word 'bonjour' was stamped in VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with silver embossing powder. Since there isn't a matching die, I carefully fussy cut it with scissors.

Finally, I assembled my scene by adhering the images and popping up the sentiment and poodle with foam tape.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you're having a beautiful day!

----------------------------------------------

Hi crafty friends, Marine here, I'm back with this cute and sweet bakery storefront showcasing Paris Afternoon

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Marine Simon (featuring Critters On The Go, Farm Fresh, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I started off by making the storefront panel. I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" light blue panel, masked 1cm along the bottom edge using washi tape, and created a brick texture on the paper using tumbled glass distress ink and a brick stencil. Next I carefully removed the washi tape, and applied a little bit of hickory smoke distress ink on the bottom edge to bring some texture and contrast.

I picked a rectangle die from my stash, taped it in the middle of the brick panel, right above the pavement section, and sent everything to my die cutting machine to cut a window out of this brick panel. And to finish this window nicely, I created a frame. I used the same rectangle die as before and a second one slightly bigger, I taped both dies on a piece of white cardstock and cut a frame that I glued on the brick panel.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Marine Simon (featuring Critters On The Go, Farm Fresh, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

Next I cut a 5,5 x 4,25" vellum panel, and on the left side I white heat embossed the croissant and the word "Bonjour" from Paris AfternoonI added double sided tape at the back of the brick panel and attached it on the vellum panel. I also created a simple pink awning using a paper from the Dots & Stripes Pastels paper pack and the roof die from the Sweet Treat House Add-On.

I cut a light blue card base, and stuck a piece of rainbow polka dot paper from the Spring Sunburst paper pack on top. I added foam tape at the back of the brick panel, all around the rectangle window, next I poured some colorful confetti inside the vellum window and then I attached my card base to the foam to finally close and complete my shaker background. I attached the pink awning above the window using double side tape at the top and foam tape along the scalloped edges to bring dimension, and then I stamped, die cut and colored all my images using my alcohol markers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Marine Simon (featuring Critters On The Go, Farm Fresh, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

In addition to Paris Afternoon, here are the stamp sets I used:
Charming City for the word "Bonjour"
Critters on the Go for the sitting bear and fox
Farm Fresh for the pile of hay and the crows that I turned into pigeons

Once the coloring was done, I cut the word "Friends" twice using the Chloe Alphabet die set: out of yellow cardstock and out of white cardstock. I attached the white letters behind the yellow letters to create an outline, and I stuck those letters on the pink awning. I also white heat embossed the words "So happy we're" from Fall Friends on black cardstock, and trimmed it into a slim banner that I attached below the word "Friends".

Sunny Studio Stamps: Paris Afternoon Card by Marine Simon (featuring Critters On The Go, Farm Fresh, Chloe Alphabet Dies)

I finished my card by adding highlights and details to the images using a white gel pen, and that's it! I hope that you like this cute Parisian scene! We have coffee, croissant and baguette and of course some pigeons ready to steal a few crumbs! As always, you are more than welcome to check the process video (click on the image above)! Thanks for stopping by, and see you next Thursday! Have an amazing day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Fall Friends Stamps
Fall Friends Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Comic Strip Everyday Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Spring Sunburst 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Dots & Stripes Pastels 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Subtle Grey Tones Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Stamps
Farm Fresh Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Farm Fresh Dies
Farm Fresh Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Dies
Charming City Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Stamps
Critters on the Go Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Critters on the Go Dies
Critters on the Go Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. Bonjour, mes amis! WOW, did you two ladies get this right!! PERFECT... or "Parfait!" I love both cards and it's a treat to receive an email full of such beautiful images!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet feedback. It means so much. Hope you have a great weekend. :)

      Delete