Monday, February 21, 2022

Charming City Card & Travelers Notebook with Mayra and Ashley

Hello and happy Monday everyone. Mayra here to share a set of cards with you today using the lovely Charming City stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Charming City Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Paris Afternoon, Stitched Rectangles)

I started by creating the card panel with the images from the stamp set stamped in the same design repeatedly to create the patterned design. I then used the stitched rectangle die from the Stitched Rectangles die set to die-cut the panel for the card. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Charming City Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Paris Afternoon, Stitched Rectangles)

Next, I colored in the images and the images from the stamp set that I would be using on the second card using Copic markers. I used R00, R01, and E93 for the soft pink areas. For the green, YG11, YG01, YG03, YG17, YG63, and G28. For the navy and blue areas, I used B21, B32, B34, B95, B97, and B99. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Charming City Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Paris Afternoon, Stitched Rectangles)

Next, I used the ‘Bonjour’ phrase from the Paris Afternoon stamp set to heat emboss the word onto vellum. I then fussy cut the sentiment and added foam tape to adhere it to each of the cards.

I hope you enjoy the set of cards I created to share with you today. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

-----------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley with another base page for my France traveler's notebook along with a peek into the kit I'm bringing along to document during the trip!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Charming City Traveling Notebook by Ashley Ebben

For this spread, I used the Charming City stamp to add some interest to my pages. I started by using the "bonjour" script stamp with light gray ink to stamp repeatedly on the left page. The idea was to create a patterned paper look that will be the perfect background for a photo or piece of memorabilia. On the right page, I stamped the cityscape from Charming City in VersaMark ink and embossed with white. I decided to keep with the rainbow theme from the previous pages and blended Distress Oxides in Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade, and Salty Ocean to color the image. I left the top of the page blank to give me a good place to journal.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Charming City Traveling Notebook by Ashley Ebben

While most of my page embellishing will be done back home, I did put together a small kit of items to document on the go. In addition to my notebook, I have an HP Sprocket printer. I wasn't too sure about this little gadget when it was first gifted to me, but it will be amazing for this trip! It plugs right into my phone to immediately print 2x3" sticker photos. I also grabbed the Charming City and Paris Afternoon stamp sets and a Sunny Studio acrylic block. These sets are just too perfect for the trip to leave behind. I have a small assortment of favorite ink cubes to use with them as well.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Stamps
Charming City Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Charming City Dies
Charming City Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Paris Afternoon Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Paris Afternoon Dies
Paris Afternoon Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous card, Mayra!! Beautiful colors and a French sentiment! (I teach French.) Love this!
    Lori S in PA

    ReplyDelete