Monday, February 28, 2022

Cherry Blossoms Cards with Ashley and Mayra

Hello friends! It's Ashley with a card featuring Sunny Studio's newest layering stamp set, Cherry Blossoms! Cherry blossoms always make me think of spring so I am so happy to have this stamp set to play with. Have you ever seen a bunch of cherry trees in blossom? I have heard it is beautiful and hope to see it myself some day!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Card by Ashley Ebben (featuring Spring Greenery, Quilted Heart Dies)

I started this card by stamping several of the Cherry Blossoms onto white cardstock with the pink Fairy Dust ink cube set from Pinkfresh Studio. I actually skipped the very first layer, opting to leave it white for extra light petals. I cut my flowers out with the matching Cherry Blossoms dies and set them aside. Instead of stamping the leaves from the Cherry Blossoms set, I grabbed the Spring Greenery dies and chose a favorite leaf shape from there. I cut the leaves out of two shades of grey cardstock as well as silver glitter cardstock to go with my flowers.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Card by Ashley Ebben (featuring Spring Greenery, Quilted Heart Dies)

I created a simple background for my florals by using the Quilted Hearts Portrait die on white cardstock and adding it to a white card base. I layered my leaves and flowers in an L-shape on the front, popping a few flowers up with foam tape for dimension. I used the "hugs" die from Scalloped Oval Mat 3 dies on the same greys and silver glitter cardstock that I used for the leaves. I stacked the die cuts up, letting the silver glitter peek out behind to create a dimensional sentiment and added it to the card. I finished up with a scatter of light pink pearls.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

-----------------------------------------------

Happy Monday everyone, Mayra here. I am sharing this card with you today using the lovely new Cherry Blossoms stamp set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Spring Greenery, Lovey Dovey)

I began by using the larger of the two rectangles from the Stitched Rectangles die set to die cut a panel from smooth cardstock. I then used the beautiful Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace die to die-cut the center of the die-cut rectangle with the eyelet lace patterned die. I then added color to the panel. I used Picked Raspberry, Seedless Preserves, Wilted Violet Distress Oxide inks, and Drive-In colored ink from Catherine Pooler. I then used a spray bottle to spritz a bit of water over the whole panel. 

Next, I stamped the layers to create the flowers from the Cherry Blossoms stamp set. I used Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, and Seedless Preserves Distress Oxide inks.  I then used the coordinating dies to die-cut the flowers. Next, I used the leaves from the Spring Greenery die set. I added a bit of color using Lucky Clover Distress Oxide ink. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Cherry Blossoms Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Frilly Frame Dies, Spring Greenery, Lovey Dovey)

I then layered the base panel onto a slightly larger one using the stitched rectangle from the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil die set. The sentiment is from the Lovey Dovey stamp set. 

Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I pray you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Oval Mat 3 Dies
Scalloped Oval Mat 3 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cherry Blossoms Stamps
Cherry Blossoms Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Cherry Blossoms Dies
Cherry Blossoms Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Dies
Lovey Dovey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Quilted Hearts Portrait
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Greenery Dies
Spring Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment