Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Heart Shaped Die Focused Cards with Isha and Kavya

Hello everyone! Isha here with you sharing a CAS mixed media card today featuring the Stitched Heart 2 and Scalloped Heart dies. I love creating layers and textures using various mediums and this card turned out as I imagined :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Heart Dies Stitched Heart Dies Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Spring Greenery, Lovey Dovey)

To start, I took a watercolor paper and added a wash of spiced marmalade distress ink and some pink spray by heidi swapp. Apply Distress Crackle paint to some areas. Once dry, I die-cut the largest heart using the Stitched Heart 2 die. Adhere the negative piece to the cardbase.

Die-cut a gold heart using the largest of the Scalloped Heart die. Adhere the scalloped heart to the card using 3d foam and now layer with the watercolor heart. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Heart Dies Stitched Heart Dies Card by Isha Gupta (featuring Spring Greenery, Lovey Dovey)

Stamp the sentiment using the Lovey Dovey stamp, die-cut using the coordinating die. Die-cut one more sentiment using a pink card and adhere to the back of the stamped sentiment slightly offset. Die-cut the medium scalloped heart from vellum, adhere to the  card. Adhere some gold floss and the sentiment.

Die-cut some leaves from the Spring Greenery dies. Adhere to the card. Next, I die-cut smaller hearts from the stitched heart 2 dies from pink cardstock, apply nuvo midas touch shimmer pen and add nuvo crystal glaze. Use these as accents to finish the card.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a nice day!

---------------------------------------------------

Hi folks, Kavya here. I am back on the blog with another fun project! In one of my past posts, I mentioned that I want to expand and try out new techniques and this includes products that are just collecting dust. Over the last two years, I have accumulated a lot of embellishments and shaker bits from my DT packages. I am not sure why I haven’t made many shaker cards and I want to change this! For this week’s project, I decided to combine some basic shaped dies to create a fun shaker card :) 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Heart Dies Stitched Heart Dies Card by Kavya (featuring Slimline Dies, Fancy Frame Dies, Party Pups)

I first started off with a 4.5” square card base. I ink blended it using Picked Rasberry, Abandoned Carol and Tattered Rose distress oxide inks. I added ‘land’ using Slimline Nature Border dies. I also ended up cutting a square scalloped border using  Fancy Frames Square dies and a bordered heart element using Stitched Heart 2 dies and Scalloped Heart Dies. I used the inner square border to create my shaker by adhering 1/8” foam strips around the edges. I filled it with Red and Pink Heart Confetti and placed the heart element on top. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Scalloped Heart Dies Stitched Heart Dies Card by Kavya (featuring Slimline Dies, Fancy Frame Dies, Party Pups)

Finally, I stamped a bunch of images from Party Pups and adhered them around the heart :) I decided to skip the sentiment as it was already a bit too crowded and I am sure anyone can make it out that it’s a birthday/party themed card! 

That’s it! I hope you liked this fun project. Check back tomorrow for more info. Happy crafting! 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Fancy Frames-Square Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Stamps
Party Pups Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Party Pups Dies
Party Pups Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Dies
Lovey Dovey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Heart Dies
Scalloped Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Spring Greenery Dies
Spring Greenery Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment