Monday, February 7, 2022

Bursting Heart Die Focused Cards with Mayra and Ashley

Hello and happy Monday everyone. It is February, yay!!! Mayra here to share this sweet Valentine-themed card with you today. I used the awesome Bursting Hearts die. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Die Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Scalloped Heart Dies, Stitched Heart Dies, Lovey Dovey, Passionate Penquins)

I started by using the Bursting Hearts die to die-cut a panel using light blue colored cardstock. I then added color to the panel using Distress Oxide inks. I used Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Prize Ribbon, and Chipped Sapphire. Next, I spritzed a bit of water over the panel and dried it off. I set that aside while I  die-cut the base panel using the large rectangle from the Frilly Frames Quatrefoil die set. I then added color to it using Distress Oxide inks, I used Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, and Ripe Persimmon. I also used these colors on the medium-sized die-cut heart from the Stitched Heart 2 die set. I layered that heart onto the medium-sized heart from the Scalloped Heart dies set. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Die Card by Mayra Duran-Hernandez (featuring Scalloped Heart Dies, Stitched Heart Dies, Lovey Dovey, Passionate Penquins)

Next, I colored the image I would be using from the super cute Passionate Penguins stamp set. I used Copic markers. For the blue, I used B32, B24, FB2, and B28. For the penguins, I used W7, W5, W3, and W1. I then stamped the sentiment from the Lovey Dovey stamp set onto a piece of white cardstock. Next, I used the Lovey Dovey dies to die cut the sentiment. 

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by today. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. 

---------------------------------------------

Hello friends! It's Ashley today with a pretty thank you card using the Bursting Hearts die! I have been loving the other design team members' takes on this die - so many different ways to use it! I hope you all like what I created with it!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Die Card by Ashley Ebben (featuring Thank You Word Dies, Words Of Gratitude)

I started by using the Bursting Hearts die on white cardstock. I ran it through twice to make sure it cut through, but I probably would have been fine with just once. I added the die cut to a white card base for a tone on tone look. It gives a really nice texture to the background!

I created my sentiment by cutting the "thanks" from Thank You Word dies three times - once from metallic gold and twice from a pretty light pinky purple I found in my stash. I glued the layers together, slightly offsetting the gold layer so the color could peek behind. I added the word to my card, then grabbed the Words of Gratitude stamp set to finish my sentiment. I stamped the rest of the phrase in VersaMark ink on the pink cardstock and embossed with gold.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Bursting Heart Die Card by Ashley Ebben (featuring Thank You Word Dies, Words Of Gratitude)

I used the Bursting Hearts die on the gold and pink cardstocks to create a pile of little paper hearts. I randomly pieced some of the hearts into the places around the sentiment.  I think they give a nice extra little pop to the card!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Words of Gratitude Stamps
Words of Gratitude Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Thank You Words Die
Thank You Words Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Frilly Frames Quatrefoil
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Bursting Heart Die
Bursting Heart Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Lovey Dovey Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Lovey Dovey Dies
Lovey Dovey Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Passionate Penguins Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Passionate Penguins Dies
Passionate Penguins Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Scalloped Heart Dies
Scalloped Heart Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Stitched Heart 2 Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment