Saturday, June 5, 2021

Guest Designer Spotlight: Beach Buddies & Outback Critter Cards with Karin Åkesdotter 

Hi Everyone! I'm Karin Åkesdotter from Peppermint Patty’s Papercraft and I am so excited to be here to share some cards that I've created with Sunny Studio Stamp’s summer release!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Chloe Alphabet Dies Frilly Frame Dies Card by Karin Åkesdotter

For my first card I Made a card base from turquoise cardstock and then die cut a panel from white cardstock that I inked using distress ink to create the beach/sky bg. I stamped my sentiment and then die cut the word "Sunshine" using the new super cool Chloe Alphabet dies. I colored them in bright sun-yellow, covered them in glitter and added glossy accent on top for a shiny 3d effect. Then stamped colored and fussy cut the images from Beach Buddies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Chloe Alphabet Dies Frilly Frame Dies Outback Critters Card by Karin Åkesdotter

The adorable kangaroo from Outback Critters is perfect for a sweet Welcome Baby card. I love that the cool Chloe Alphabet dies becomes quite elegant when cut from gold cardstock! I used the Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace die to create the soft and lovely background for the card.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Chloe Alphabet Dies Blooming Frame Dies Outback Critters Card by Karin Åkesdotter

The Outback Critters and fun Chloe Alphabet dies added on top of a Blooming Frame die cut background cover cut from green cardstock creates such a fast but very cute and fun card. I used Copic markers for my coloring. The stamped sentiments make the card complete.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Beach Buddies Frilly Frame Dies Card by Karin Åkesdotter

Last but not least I have a super fast and easy card design. First I made a card base made from Acetate. I then die cut Frilly Frame Eyelet Lace from white cardstock and ran it through my Xyron creative station to get adhesive on the back and then adhered it to the base. I stamped, masked and stamped again and then colored and fussy cut the cute images from Beach Buddies before adhering them to my card with foam adhesive.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Outback Critters Stamps
Outback Critters Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Outback Critters Dies
Outback Critters Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Blooming Frame Die
Blooming Frame Die
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I ADORE these cards. The animals are all just adorable, and I LOVE the backgrounds. And thank you for doing non-rainbow themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete