Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Embossing Folder Focused Cards with Isha and Kavya

Hello everyone! Isha here today sharing a CAS card with a lot of texture using our Woodgrain embossing folder. What I really like about Sunny Studio embossing folders is that they are 6 by 6 inches so perfect for making square/circular cards as well.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodgrain Embossing Folder Poppy Fields Stitched Circle Dies Hello Card by Isha Gupta

I started by creating the background by adding alcohol pearl inks onto the yupo paper and blended them using the ranger blending solution. Once dry, I applied some WOW! gold foil to this. The foil will stick to some of the sticky parts of the ink. Now, I used the Woodgrain embossing folder to dry emboss this piece. 

I made a circular frame using the Stitched Circle Large and Stitched Circle Small dies. Adhere to the mat layer. Adhere the mat layer to a white card base. Stamp the Poppy Fields flowers and leaves using the Poppy Fields stamps. I used the inks from Altenew. Die-cut using the coordinating dies.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodgrain Embossing Folder Poppy Fields Stitched Circle Dies Hello Card by Isha Gupta

Die-cut the word "HELLO" from the Slimline Scalloped Frame dies. I die-cut it two times in white and once in gold. Adhere the gold hello slightly offset behind the white. Assemble everything to the card. To finish, I added some Crystal Clear Jewels.

Thank you for stopping by!

------------------------------------------

Hi folks, Kavya here. I am back on the blog with a fun card. If you like stretching your supplies, you might like this card! I created this fun breakfast table using a bunch of old favorites that you might have in your stash already.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodgrain Embossing Folder Breakfast Puns Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Everyday Card by Kavya

I first created my wooden table background by first ink blending the edges of a brown cardstock using brown ink and then embossing it using Woodgrain embossing folder. I then splattered some brown, white and black paint to make it a bit more realistic. For the table cloth, I took another piece of white cardstock (lighter the better! I used 60 lb) and created a plaid background by using the broad tip of a red alcohol marker and a ruler. Then, crumble it up a bit, to make it more realistic! For the plate, I used the Stitched Semi Circle Die and added an inner shadow using colored pencil. I then traced an image of a spoon and fussy cut it to complete the cutlery!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Woodgrain Embossing Folder Breakfast Puns Stitched Semi-Circle Dies Everyday Card by Kavya

I then stamped a bunch of images from Breakfast Puns stamp set and colored them using colored pencils and alcohol markers. To make it a bit more realistic, I used different thicknesses of foam tape so that it doesn’t appear flat. Finally, I stamped a sentiment from Breakfast Puns stamp set on Kraft cardstock and tucked it underneath the table cloth to finish off the card :)

I hope you liked this fun little card! Be sure to check back tomorrow for more crafty ideas.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:


Poppy Fields Stamps
Poppy Fields Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Poppy Fields Dies
Poppy Fields Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Breakfast Puns Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Breakfast Puns Dies
Breakfast Puns Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Woodgrain Embossing
Woodgrain Embossing
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Stitched Semi-Circle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Slimline Scalloped Frame
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Stitched Circle Small Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Stitched Circle Large Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments: