Friday, June 25, 2021

Color My World Cards with Kay and Candice

Hi there! Kay here with a card to share with you using the new Color My World stamp set and Color My World coordinating dies. I chose to use just the crayon and sentiment out of the stamp set, but I can't wait to use some of the other fun images too! I have many fun ideas in my head for the paint set!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Teacher Appreciation Crayon Themed Appreciation Cards by Kay Miller

So I first stamped all of the crayons in the Color My World Stamp set in several different colors using inks from Pinkfresh. These stamps are four step layering stamps, and the Pinkfresh inks come in four shades for each color, so they work perfectly! I then cut out all of the images with the Color My World dies and set them aside.

I created my background using the same inks that I stamped the crayons with. I watercolored onto white cardstock. Cardstock doesn't move the ink around quite as well as watercolor paper, but since the areas were small it worked fine. I then speckled with some more of the same ink colors and some white ink as well.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Teacher Appreciation Crayon Themed Appreciation Cards by Kay Miller

After this dried, I cut my panel out and mounted it onto a A2 white card base with foam tape. I then added all of the crayons with foam tape as well. The sentient was heat embossed with white embossing powder on black and pink cardstocks and added above the crayons with foam tape.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today! Have a great weekend!

------------------------------------------------

Hello crafty friends, it's Candice back with you this Friday! I know this past year of school has been tough for kids and those special teachers that were there for your kids deserve some recognition! I have a great card with a great sentiment just for that occasion!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Slimline Dies Crayon Themed Appreciation Card by Candice Fisher

I used these Sunny Studio products to create my mini slimline design:

I began my mini slimline with a 6 1/2 x 4 card base. I then created the stitched background with the slimline pennant die using the partial die cut method (run the die through partway, rotate and line up, and run it partway again!)

Next, I made the rainbow of pencil ends in an assembly way. I first stamped the base in all the colors and then moved to the next layer in all the colors until the pencils were created using Altenew inks. This allowed me to line it up evenly throughout all the stamping. I then used the coordinating dies to cut them all out.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Slimline Dies Crayon Themed Appreciation Card by Candice Fisher

I finished the clean and simple design by gluing the pencils down the right side in rainbow order, trimmed the edges, and stamped my sentiment on the left!

I hope you find inspiration to show appreciation for the teachers that have helped your family in the past year! Thank you so much!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Color My World Stamps
Color My World Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Color My World Dies
Color My World Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Teacher Appreciation Stamps
Teacher Appreciation Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Slimline Pennant Dies
Slimline Pennant Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Which colors did you use for the erasers on the pencils?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria! As far as Candice can remember, she thinks she used Altenew Blush & Rouge. Thanks so much for asking.

      Delete