Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Candy Shoppe Cards and Video Tutorial with Franci and Julia

Hi there! Franci here with you today with a sweet card showcasing the Candy Shoppe set. Aww I love this set so much! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Candy Shoppe Beach Buddies Birthday Card by Franci Vignoli

First of all I created my card base out of white cardstock, then masked the front bottom and inked the top with Distress Ink.

Then I stamped, colored with Copics and die cut all my images from these sets: Candy Shoppe + coordinated dies and Beach Buddies + coordinated diesI love these little bears surrounded by sweets and candies, they're so cute! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Candy Shoppe Beach Buddies Birthday Card by Franci Vignoli

I glued everything in place with foam adhesive, stamped my sentiment and added some details with a white gel pen. Finally I added some Birthday Cake Dot Sprinkles confetti here and there.

I'm so happy about how this card turned out and I hope you like it too :) Have a lovely day!

-------------------------------------------

Hey crafty friends! It’s Julia here with sweet birthday box card!

Sunny Studio Stamps: Candy Shoppe Beach Buddies Meow & Furever Tiki Time Stitched Rectangle Dies Birthday Card by Julia Englich


First, I stamped out all of my adorable images from Candy ShoppeMeow & FureverBeach Buddies and Tiki Time onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper and I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color them in. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Candy Shoppe Beach Buddies Meow & Furever Tiki Time Stitched Rectangle Dies Birthday Card by Julia Englich

Then, to create the box I used a die set, but you can also do it without any specialty dies! You will need one back panel measuring 3 1/2 x 4 1/2", two side panels 2 1/2" long, 2 slanting downwards to 1" in height. Those side panels are scored at 1/2" on the taller side. Finally, for the front of the box you need a strip of cardstock 4 1/2 x 1 " scored at 1/2" and 4". For the inside grassy borders, the panels measure 4 1/4 x approx. 1" and they are scored at 3/8" and  3 7/8". For the background of my box, I used the second to largest of the Stitched Rectangle dies and I just trimmed a little bit off at the bottom.  

I ink blended the stitched panel using a cloud stencil and Distress Oxide inks. I also added the same ink colors to the sides of the box. For my sentiment strip, I used the banner dies from the Stitched Rectangle dies, added the same ink colors I used for the background and stamped the sentiment from Candy Shoppe in black.

Inks used: Tumbled Glass, Shaded Lilac, Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Cracked Pistachio, Evergreen Bough Zig Markers used:  999, 904, 97, 94, 10; 64, 68; 52, 55; 200, 202; 803, 80;32, 31

Sunny Studio Stamps: Candy Shoppe Beach Buddies Meow & Furever Tiki Time Stitched Rectangle Dies Birthday Card by Julia Englich


To assemble the box, I added liquid glue to the flaps of the side pieces and adhered them to the back panel. I adhered my stitched background piece to the back and one of the grassy borders on top of that. Then, I added the front piece to the front of the left side panel and I also started adding my grassy hills with liquid glue to the inside of the left side panel. Once they had a bit of time to dry, I flipped the pieces over to the right, lined them up and added glue to all the flaps. Then I just had to close the right side panel onto the adhesive and give it some time to dry! I added the side panels and the sentiment banner to the outside of the box.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Candy Shoppe Beach Buddies Meow & Furever Tiki Time Stitched Rectangle Dies Birthday Card by Julia Englich


Finally, it was time to build my scene. I wanted to have a little candy stand, so I used the roof of the Sweet Treat House Add-On, the bottom of the tiki bar from Tiki Time and the twizzler sticks from Candy Shoppe to build it! I added all the accessories to the adorable little kitties and I adhered everything to the grassy borders inside the box!

Check out the video tutorial below to see how this card came together:


I had so much fun making this sweet box card and I really hope you like it! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have an amazing week!

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Beach Buddies Stamps
Beach Buddies Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Beach Buddies Dies
Beach Buddies Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Candy Shoppe Stamps
Candy Shoppe Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Candy Shoppe Dies
Candy Shoppe Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Stamps
Tiki Time Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Tiki Time Dies
Tiki Time Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Sweet Treats House Add-on
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Meow & Furever Stamps
Meow & Furever Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Meow & Furever Dies
Meow & Furever Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment