Saturday, April 24, 2021

Color My World Cards with Leanne

Hello there! Leanne here and I'm excited to be back on the blog sharing three colorful cards featuring images from a brand new stamp set called Color My World. I have to say, this new layering set may just be my all time fav from Sunny Studio. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Chloe Alphabet Dies Frilly Frame Dies Thank You Card Hello Card by Leanne West

It was so much fun stamping out the cute little crayons and pencils in all the colors. I was blown away by how real the completed images looked. Today I'm sharing fun ways to use the crayons and pencils to create some clean and simple cards.   

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Chloe Alphabet Dies Frilly Frame Dies Thank You Card by Leanne West

As I was stamping out crayons, I thought how fun it would be to use them to create custom block style letters. With a little experimenting and some creative cutting, I found it was very easy to form the letters I needed to spell out the word "thanks". And it just so happened that word perfectly fills the space of a slimline card. You could use any colors for stamping out the crayons but I think the rainbow color scheme is very fitting and makes a great teacher thank you card. I've listed the ink colors I used for my stamping at the end of the post.  

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Chloe Alphabet Dies Frilly Frame Dies Thank You Card by Leanne West

I had several crayons left over that I didn't use on the slimline so I decided to make another thank you card. This time I used the crayons to frame up the sentiment on an A2 size card. I used a Rainbow Bright striped patterned paper to cover the card front. I then added the Frilly Frames Polka Dot layer. On top of that I added a white card stock panel trimmed to 4.25" x 3". That size worked best to create my crayon border around the sentiment. I used the new Chloe Alphabet dies for the letters to spell out "thank you". This design would be quick and easy to mass produce for making a gift set of thank you cards.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Color My World Chloe Alphabet Dies Frilly Frame Dies Hello Card by Leanne West

For my last card, I decided again to create custom letters for the sentiment. This time I used the pencil image to make the word "hi". I covered my A2 card front with another Rainbow Bright patterned paper.  Added the Frilly Frames Eyelet Lace layer. I trimmed some good old spiral notebook paper to 4.75" by 3.5". I backed the notebook paper with white card stock since it's very thin and a little see through. I adhered the letters and added the finished panel over top the black scalloped frame to complete this cute simple note card. This is another design that could easily be mass produced.  

Altenew Ink Cube sets used for stamping crayons - Summer Afternoon, Tropical Forest, Sea Shore, Lapis Lazuli, Cherry Blossom, Tea Party.  Altenew Ink Cube sets used for stamping pencils - Golden Sunset & Gentlemen's Gray 

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Color My World Stamps
Color My World Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Color My World Dies
Color My World Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Chloe Alphabet Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Rainbow Bright 6x6 Paper
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames Polka-Dot
Frilly Frames Polka-Dot
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Frilly Frames-Eyelet Lace
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment