Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Balloon Rides Cards by Kavya and Isha

Hi folks, Kavya here. I am back on the blog with fun way to stretch Balloon Rides stamp set! If you know me, I love galaxies. Unfortunately, I haven’t had the chance to make one in a while. I jumped at the opportunity the minute I saw this stamp set! I created a ’night time’ themed card using just the Balloon Rides stamp set and obviously, Slimline Nature Borders die set.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Dies Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Kavya

I first started off by ink blending the bottom half of a mini slimline sized white cardstock using lighter shades of blue and teal ink. For the top galaxy portion of the card, I used black, navy blue, teal, pink and purple! The best part of this card is that you don’t have to get even blends! Almost all your imperfections will be covered by ’stars’ aka white paint splatters. Also, majority of the galaxy sky is covered by the hot air balloon. If you always wanted to try a galaxy background but were afraid for a number of reasons, now is your perfect chance! 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Dies Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Kavya

Now, I wanted some planets but didn’t really have the space left in the cardstock. So, I decided to convert the hot air balloon into one! While stamping it, I stamped the ‘inner lines’ using a lighter shade of ink so that I can make it a bit more realistic while coloring. I then colored the earth using alcohol markers and colored pencils. I added the ‘clouds’ on top using a white re-nker. Just simply dilute the ink to make it more translucent! Then, I also splattered some paint on the ‘earth’ to cover up the remaining areas. 

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Dies Inside Greetings Birthday Card by Kavya

Then, I colored the rest of the images from the set using shades of blue and purple. I added a small portion of ‘land’ by using Slimline Nature Borders Die and some ink blended teal cardstock. I finished the card by adding a sentiment from Inside Greetings Birthday heat embossed on blue cardstock. 

That’s it folks! I hope this card inspires you to try out a galaxy/night sky themed card! 

-------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! Isha here with you again featuring our Balloon Rides stamps and dies. I turned this into a shaker as you know how much I love creating shaker cards :)

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Dies Card by Isha Gupta

To start, I die-cut the cloud and hills from the Slimline Nature Border dies onto acetate to create stencils. Using these stencils, I sponged the clouds and hills onto a white panel. I then Die-cut the hot air balloon using the Balloon Rides dies onto this panel. 

Stamp the images onto an alcohol ink friendly paper, color using Copics and die-cut. Place the mat layer to the card base and adhere the hot air balloon directly to the card base.

Sunny Studio Stamps: Balloon Rides Slimline Dies Card by Isha Gupta

Remove the mat layer and adhere acetate behind the opening. Adhere score tape all around the acetate and the edges. Add WOW! Starlight Sparkles to the balloon on the card base. Remove the liner of the tape from the mat layer and adhere to the card.

Now, adhere all the images to the card and stamp the sentiment. Hope you like this flat shaker card, perfect for mailing :) Thanks for dropping by! Have a nice day.

Sunny Studio Supplies Used:

Slimline Nature Borders
Slimline Nature Borders
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Stamps
Balloon Rides Stamps
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Balloon Rides Dies
Balloon Rides Dies
Shop at:
Sunny Studio
Inside Greetings Birthday
Inside Greetings Birthday
Shop at:
Sunny Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment